DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

DOOL on Peacock Wed., 10-19-22

Cast: Johnny, Tripp, Ava, Wendy, Gabi, Li, EJ, Stefan, Xander, Sarah, Gwen, Jack and Maggie.

Johnny calling Wendy & leaving msg. Tripp shows up. They're both glad that Kayla & Marlena are both better. Johnny fills Tripp in on Ava, since he was looking for his mom. Tripp gets the idea that Johnny was sleeping with Ava & punches him right in the nose. Sorry after he finds out they did not do the deed. Wendy talking to Gabi abt wanting a job which Gabi can't help with anymore.

EJ & Li & Stefan, where Li makes it known that the board doubts Stefan's mental competence over the 4 yr coma, etc.

Gwen dreams that Xander wants her back & wakes as Jack comes in her room. She's getting discharged & he's picking her up. Xander is wanting to move in at Victor's & hopes Jack will give him a job. ??!! Maggie seems surprised.

Wendy asks when the wedding will be & Gabi does not know.

Tripp goes to talk to EJ & hits him in the nose, too! He is protective of Ava!!

EJ is interested in hiring Wendy.

Stefan takes divorce papers to Gabi to sign & they bicker. ??

Johnny is looking for his dad's password & EJ walks in the office & finds him standing at his desk.

Stefan can't get his hand to sign the papers & Li walks in. What's going on?

Then, the last word of the short/sweet recap is AVA!

• Members

I would say that has always been the case with Drake.  Since the beginning he was just a likable, charming guy.  He feels like a genuine nice guy and someone you would want to have a beer with lol.  He's never been great although I did think he did really good work with Christie and kid actors in general.  He does well with the romance and family stuff and that's enough.

• Members

I think most of us agree that he really excels at the family stuff, so they ought to play that as often as possible.  And in the context of his whole body of work, I actually think RC has really highlighted that John and Steve are best friends, actually to the point where it seems a little overdone… because John has Abe and Steve has Jack (super surprised that relationship gets overlooked, considering it’s one of the show’s historically most significant).  Don’t get me wrong, I like them as friends and DDH & SN work very well together, but it feels like without Bo, they just defaulted to them as besties.

The real solution to giving him more to do is obviously Brady & Kristen, since RC is hell bent on continuing this utter nonsense.  J&M should be ALL up in this, but I think RC wants to put distance there because it really would destabilize the integrity of the story (kind of like Chad/Abby/Ben/Ciara).  The most interesting I’ve ever seen John (though it was dark and led to him & Marlena separating iirc) was when he was gonna agree to hate f**k Kristen if she’d leave Brady alone.  There is sooo much to play here, but they just don’t.  Instead they have Kristen terrorizing a girl Belle went to high school with instead of mixing it up with her 90’s contemporaries.  It’s such a bad, baffling turn for the character.  And obviously the baby Kristen should have should be Eric’s from the rape, not Brady’s from when she basically raped him, too.  Omg lol.

• Members

Agree with everything lol.  I don't mind Patch/John as BFF or even Kayla/Marlena, but according to history they just aren't.  It really is directly related to the absence of Bo though like you said.

Again, the elephant in the room with Brady/Kristen will always be John/Marlena.  It's the story they belong in, but you can't put them in it without bringing up the history.  And RC wants to play Brady/Kristen as some sort of sick romance, almost an endgame situation.  While Brady being in the story was interesting at first when ED played it, the person Kristen should always be set on is John.   With Marlena as her enemy.  At least John knew a better side of Kristen, has a long history, once loved her and were planning a future together. Brady and Kristen were completely toxic and wrong from day one.  I am not sure I would have ever given Kristen a child, tbh.  It feels slightly unnecessary with her current criminal mastermind behavior.

• Members

Tripp was throwing right hooks all over the place today. I don't blame him 

Please register in order to view this content

I loved the smirk on Li's face after Tripp slugged EJ. And I also loved how Tripp immediately apologized to Johnny and asked if he was ok. He's such a good guy  Though I'd love for Tripp/Johnny to be bitter enemies, I did really like that bromantic moment between them 

Still don't see how Xander and Sarah can't get their own apartment. I know they gave us some excuse about Sarah only being paid half her salary, but the woman's a doctor. Is Salem that expensive? 

And, Idk why but I feel bad for Li every time he walks in on Gabi and Stefan. It's like she's trying to turn the poor guy into a cuck 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

And Steve looked right at him & said, "What is that in your hair?" And, with attitude he said, "GLITTER!" where it sounded like, ya gonna make something of it?!!

I totally loved Tripp today! He kept hauling off & hitting people & then looking chagrined that he'd done it!

Sarah would just get another job if this one was half-pay!

Li is being set up for a big fall I fear.

• Members

KILL ME NOW AND LIGHT ME ON FIRE.

Kristen as a CHARACTER just screams travesty these days. I want her gone, period. ED owns the role anyway, and the faux-power given to Kristen is just ludicrous.

As far as John goes, Drake is and will always be a terrible actor -- but he's one I'm more than OK with keeping. Call it history, call it tradition, call it whatever you want. Some bad actors like Drake can stay.

But the guy who plays Li? My God -- he's awful. He's a handsome dude (and that is worth a lot hehe) but there's a lot of eye candy out there who can act.