B&B September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So true, practically every single character on the show is extremely unpleasant. I think it has to do with how they speak and behave - the dialogue is just so dumbed down, repetitive and confrontational, like they are all a bunch of mean high school kids. I can't remember the last time I saw a genuinely warm and friendly interaction on the show, or truly intelligent and humorous dialogue for that matter.

The sad truth is that no character can speak in any other "voice" than the scriptwriters' voice, and that voice is thoroughly unlikeable.

• Members

I think Brad Bell went on vacation for a week and left this message for his writers:

"Copy and paste the same dialogue every day. These morons watching the show won't notice that the entire show is about adult kids getting involved in their parents' relationships. When I get back, we'll have Sheila cut off another toe."

• Members

I'm not so sure. Look at the majority of the cast. I'm certain they're happy to be on a show that probably fits well with their personal lives.

The fact that it's 18 minutes long, a huge international audience, fun remotes, a cast that really has no drama, etc. B&B is probably considered a pretty good gig. It's also the least likely to get cancelled. Those international sales probably help make it financially sound.

I think KA's obvious happiness is probably indicative.

• Members

Steffy was savage at the end of yesterday's episode. 

Please register in order to view this content

I kept saying, "DAMN! ... DAMN!" It was surprising and oddly satisfying seeing someone be so curt and getting what they want in such an in your face way without even trying to be coy.

• Members

9-14

Ugh. Shut up, Brooke.

That said...I liked that the writers really and truly have been trying to find as many ways as possible to get Thomas, Finn, and sometimes Liam (and okay JM over on Y&R too with that foine Dad bod) shirtless. Thomas has really been looking all kinds of yummy the last few episodes. And he has been wearing this long-sleeved black shirt the last few days with white stripes that is bringing out that form even more. The things I've been thinking lol. 

That said...I'm not sure if I'm ready for Liam/Hope vs Thomas over Douglas. I mean...what if the boy wants to be with his dad and feels his dad has changed? Are they wrong for denying what is in the best interest of the child? 

I cannot believe that Sheila got that close to Hayes though. Uh oh. 

I am happy to have Finn/Steffy back, but...and I say this often...JMW always gives good bitca. 

• Members

Perfect example of B&B plot device: 'Of course, I didn't call Widge back after Steffy hung up on me. He came in late when I was asleep and left early this morning before I was awake. ' Either Brooke is drinking or taking massive sleeping pills!

After Steffy hijacked Ridge's phone, do we really believe Brooke wouldn't be sitting on the couch waiting for him to walk through that door? Or if she went to bed, she'd definitely confront him when he walked in. C'mon. This is just lazy for an already intolerable storyline.