B&B September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

And all those years Thomas spent in jail paying for his crimes. Oh, wait. Yet another example of the ridiculousness of Sheila and Deacon being the only ones who should *pay* for their crimes.

Thomas was turned into an awful character with no real reason why. There's never been a reason to root for him. He's a spoiled, rich man with no redeeming qualities. Brad really bungled this legacy character.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I saw it happen onscreen.  Thomas knew Caroline was under the influence and not herself, and that she could not legally consent.  But he intentionally took advantage of the situation and had sex with her anyhow.   Legally, if one partner is unable to consent and other partner is aware of that, then it's rape.
https://web.archive.org/web/20220729140036/https://apps.rainn.org/policy/policy-crime-definitions.cfm?state=California&group=9

Brad Bell actually made a statement later on that it wasn't rape.  But it was.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I was going to mention that. This issue could have been solved without C2 being under the influence. She could've *owned* her desire and feeling for Thomas. That would've been a lot better for everyone. I've never understood soaps need to create victims. The fallout from these types of stories wouldn't have changed - in some cases it would've been better. Here, C2's lingering feelings for Thomas even though she was with Ridge, etc.

• Members

What I hated most about that story was even though Ridge was pretty much punishing Thomas, we had a very nosy Katie randomly feel bad that Thomas was cut out of Douglas’ life at the time, followed by Thomas & Caroline being uncomfortably pushed together to parent Douglas together at the expenses of both characters (Caroline faking a terminal illness, Thomas abruptly dumping Sally for a woman he didn’t love at all). 

Thudley’s logic sucks.

• Members

LOL good point. I mean Ridge and Brooke had their own trashy “high on prescription cough syrup” sex story, Oliver and Brooke, Brooke and Thomas and the aphrodisiac berries, Quinn’s Adam & Eve roleplay etc. 

Somehow all the crimes Taylor, Ridge, Bill and Quinn all committed are all swept up under the rug. LOL. 

• Members

Hahaha those are good examples too. 

I went way back to the 90s when Eric and Brooke became a couple. Seriously, what kind of man goes after his son’s ex? Who was also the daughter of the “love of his life”? I mean, common sense (and decency) should have told Eric to stay away from her 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Just noticed this Sept 1st interview. Michael Maloney interviews Matt Atkinson. No spoilers.
https://www.tvinsider.com/1058956/bold-and-the-beautiful-thomas-hope-custody-douglas-matthew-atkinson/

TV Insider: Thomas wasn’t always the most understanding parent. Back when he wanted to keep Hope as his wife, he intimidated Douglas into staying quiet about baby Beth being alive. That must have been intense for you.

Matt Atkinson:  Yes. As an actor, it’s important to be as empathetic a person as possible. You have to be able to empathize with your character. When you’re playing “mean” to a child, it triggers every protective [feeling] within me. That was very hard. I had to cultivate an environment with Henry [Joseph Samiri, who played Douglas at the time] where we played around and I made sure that he felt comfortable with me doing those things — that they were make-believe. He’s such a wonderful kid. He got it. By that point, he knew it was make-believe. It wasn’t jarring for him but it was still difficult. They were the most challenging scenes I’ve ever done on the show — or anywhere.