YR promo week of August 15th: Jack and Diane. + next week preview.

• lucaslesann23 changed the title to YR promo week of August 15th: Jack and Diane. + next week preview.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is the main reason I stopped watching Y&R. If they had to dumb down Jack this bad to do this rerun for the third time, I just couldn't sit through again. I think that Jack is regressed back to some kind of drooling idiot who sits on street corners counting cars as they pass by. They are writing him like he is in some kind of hypnotic coma. Why did they have to do this to bring back this character? We have seen this rerun twice before and it seems that Jack never learns anything from his mistakes. The man is a complete idiot. I am done with the show. There really isn't anything goin on that I care to watch. I have watched this show since day one and I guess I am just worn out watching the string of writers who keep passing through and chipping away at what used to be a very well written show. To rerun Diane Jenkins and bring her back with no questions asked is some of the dumbest writing I have seen on this show in a while. Tearing apart Nick and Phyllis to bring her into a story where she is abused by Jack is even more ludicrous. Why did they have to have Nick beat her up only to turn around and have Jack beat her up when he professed that he loved her? To much abuse for me. I am not a Diane Jenkins fan and I am not sitting through round three with that viper on the show while Phyllis keeps getting threats from her daughter and is abused by Jack. It is too stupid to watch. I get the feeling that the writers are doing this to her because they are appeasing the Sharon and Sally fans who come to these boards everyday spewing their horrible hatred for Phyllis.  Just how long are they going to continue this? For as long as I have been watching this show, I have never understood the way the writers cater more to the fans that hate than the ones who actually come to enjoy the show.  Many of my friends left when they brought Diane back from the dead. I was the only hold out but I am done now too.  I have had enough. 

• Members

Agreed. My problem with Stafford is she still has by far her best chemistry with Bergman, but they burned through so much story with Jack and Phyllis that they are hard to take seriously. On this canvas, she doesn’t have another potential pairing on that level. I wonder if they’ll eventually throw TSJ at her to see if he sticks.

• Members

Same. 

But I will give Griffith this much...I liked that he acknowledged the fact pre and post Diane's return that Jack and Phyllis had gone through a lot (of story) so they slowly got back together and that's currently why Phyllis shooting herself in the foot stung so much and oh so hard for Jack. Like...was she playing him the whole time? Will she keep playing him? Why would he want her back if he's only good when Phyllis wants to stick it (pun unintended) to one of her many rivals?