General Hospital: August 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ouch!  Brenda Barrett and/or Vanessa Marcil are ugly and unglamourous.  This conversation has already taken a very dark turn for me

Please register in order to view this content

.  Perhaps you haven't heard Brenda Barrett was the second coming of Angelina Jolie and a world famous supermodel, whether you like the character or actress or not.  Lol!  It's not that serious.

Sure, if you say so, Sasha is a big deal.  Two buffoon reporters should spend their time trying to get dirt on her and wasting airtime.  Since Deception is a huge company and a big deal perhaps they should have vetted more aspiring models for their spokesmodel search though.  That's all I am saying.....

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I MIGHT agree with the unglamourous part these days, but as the #1 (and sometimes only) VM/Brenda fan here I cannot allow my posts to have any Brenda/VM related negativity.  Sorry.

I still think Brenda would get more clicks than Sasha based purely on previous awesomeness, overall contributions to the world and my personal viewing experience. 

Honestly, I don't even care if she comes back.  The ship has sorta sailed on that.  It's been a long time.  I just always assume she'll pop up at the end to whisk Sonny off when GH gets cancelled  moved to Hulu lol.

• Members

Chase. Sweet, hot, perfect Chase, if you're behind on your rent, you really shouldn't be paying for a pass for the Metro Court pool, just sayin 

Still love that Britt has no time for Cody's crap. But yeah, all this matchup stuff with Spinelli is DOA

THIS!!!

• Members

It's sad that the fans and Digest did more to celebrate her milestone than the show. She's barely been appearing and she's a supporting character in her own story. It's insane. I wish we knew the full story. Her popularity cannot be denied, she's still young and gorgeous, she's a strong actress with range and she's connected to everybody. Writing story for her should be easy, but they refuse to do it. It's so odd that she only seems to be employed because they can't deal with the fallout of firing her. 

• Members

I don't get it either. Does she have to bitch and complain on Twitter like NLG to get recognition 

My guess is FV knows that she has a large fanbase that'll support her regardless of anything, so he uses that in order to elevate characters who are pretty much DOA, and who also happen to be his friends. Nothing to do with him disliking BH. Just the fact that he knows that she could do it.

He was too busy recording videos of himself dancing to "Who Wears Short Shorts" 

• Members

I have always felt Guza completely lost interest in her after the initial rape story and her romance with JJ's Lucky.  He still wrote for her, but it got progressively worse.  Becky seems to inspire viewer loyalty, but her character doesn't seem to inspire writers.  The regimes after Guza have used her because she is popular, but never in a meaningful way.  I think she's always gotten pushed aside by writers faves like Courtney, Emily, Sam, even Siobhan etc.  I am not sure why but she just doesn't seem to connect with the writers like she does the audience, but no one seems to want to try behind the scenes.