YR: Fan favorite couple gets married

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think they're going for the look of the type of 1970s discotheque where people used to get dressed up.

There's a ton of CBS press photos for the wedding here:
https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-young-and-the-restless/photos?page=1&pagesize=50

You can see disco balls on the tables as decor.  I used to compete in dance contests back then, and I wore dresses like what Allie, Elena, and Abby are wearing. I had several outfits in the style that Elena is wearing!    I used to own a rainbow dress like Allie's but mine was cotton and not sparkly,  I would have loved a sparkly one!

Edited by janea4old

• Members

That's not the promo.  Near the end of each week, Y&R releases a preview clip of a few scenes from the coming week, titled "Next week on Y&R", which is what I posted.

(as you said, it's a "glimpse".  I posted it here because there's a glimpse of the wedding guests)

The actual promo is usually released on Sunday morning.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

But that “Next week on Y&R” preview is supposed to entice people to watch next week with some interesting glimpses of drama. The clips they chose couldn’t have been more random or mundane.

I don’t particularly like how GH does it during their end credits, which is often like a quick montage of non sequiturs, but at least they create some sense of interest and “Hmmm, what will happen next? Who’s Carly shouting at?”