Y&R May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What IS the plot here other than "Diane's alive"? She explained why she did it and where she was. Have they hinted at more? Or does this writing team think her mere existence is enough? A month of Jack announcing to Genoa City that Diane is alive does not constitute a story.

• Members

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if she turns out to be in league with Flashman Bock (Ashland, since they keep saying his full name constantly to the point of it becoming gibberish) and they both end up written out simultaneously to resume the test pattern magic of this show. But they could very well keep her on permanently. I'm not sure they know what they're doing with her either. And where is Allie?

• Members

Honestly...?  I don't believe they have a real agenda for Diane beyond her resurrection.  They're just hoping it'll be enough to energize the rest of the characters and the audience, too.

But, that's just my opinion.

Same.  Either way, I don't feel like SW/Diane is back to stay.

• Members

All the stories feel like this, the set-up seems to be the story. Then they just talk & talk about the set-up for months, and then it fizzles out without any climax or resolution.

They are still in the same place in the Ashland story. Ashland lied, we found that out months ago, but they keep rehashing it like it's new information.