One Life to Live Masquerade ball - 1981

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There's two sets of photos which may be the source of confusion in the answers.  In the b&w that is definitely Ken Meeker as Rafe, but, in the color photos of the ball itself, it looks like Clint in the bottom photo to me.

Although if the whole town on Llanview couldn't tell a 20-something Samantha from a 50-something Olympia due to just a wig and a mask, who am I to tell who is under that disguise?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Clint went as Count Dracula, I think the cowboy is Johnny Drummond. The Times at one point ran an article citing some of the popular characters as to what they were going as. I have seen several going as the exact costumes the article cited - however, Tina was supposed to go as Spiderwoman - from what I see she looks more like Catwoman. And Johnny Drummond was supposed to go as Daniel Boone - but I think he may have been switched out as the cowboy we all see. We will have to see who it is when the episode resurfaces someday. 

• Members

Unless everyone in Llanview came down with a sudden case of glaucoma, it takes a huge suspension of disbelief to accept that anyone would mistake Sam for Olympia simply because they wore the same outfit.

It is like when nobody in Metropolis recognizes Clark Kent without his glasses.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yes, you do have to extend your credulity in that respect - but I wonder if in the story they addressed that slightly with people making quips like "Oh I didn't realize Samantha was as short as she is" or something to that effect. That and she has this custom made costume on so nobody would think anyone would have access to it. I believe it was noted Olympia, once she locked Samantha in the freezer, slipped into the party, she cleverly deflected people who tried to interact with her. Maybe the who jewelry heist subplot interrupted their observations. 

• 5 months later...