General Hospital: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What robber would try to rob a business. That's owned by a mob kingpin. Does Sonny have any staff? Bland Ken doll Brando saves the day. Nothing particularly exciting. I think Nina got all excited. When Sonny threw the robber to the ground. An out of breath, badly ageing Sonny doesn't do it for me. But different strokes for different folks.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

4-5

I swear...Laura just makes everything better. And I love how she LOATHES Esme. There really isn't anyyone on canvas that gets under her skin like Esme does. Not even Victor. It makes me think of old school DAYS Marlena vs Kristen.

Le sigh. So...they are going there with Liz? I know I was warned here. And that plot twist scene was well done with her seeing the shadowman and then jumping awake. And then finding the note. I...have mixed feelings. I believe I said it in the March thread that it is plausible at least...but I don't remember Liz's backstory except that she was sent to live with Audrey because she was rebelling. But I cannot remember if they said why. They might have since I was in HS then. However, like others I hope they are not going to do a Rick Webber 2.0 on Jeff Webber cuz ewwwwwww. And any story centered on Liz...as a RB fan...I like and RB is selling this story so well. 

I loved seeing those Spencer/Sonny scene. And I hate to say it, but since Nixon Falls, MB has been looking like a snack for his age. So Gym Sonny was kinda foine. I know I feel soooo guilty.

Yaaaaaay we finally got to the Deception launch!!!! I liked it was brief, but so much happened. Maxie/Austin's coming out party. The Austin/Brooklyn truce. Sasha high as a kite and no one knows it...and that story is progressing finally. Even a bit of comedy as Gladys realized Sasha just became wealthy through stock. And...the reveal as Ms. Wu as a stockholder in Deception.

And speaking of Ms. Wu, let me repeat myself from my status update:

---I love that since the actress got back from her family trip that the writers have slowly but surely have her weaving herself into everything. So subtly. So stealthy. So many threads she is getting into and STILL have a respectful relationship with Sonny so it's not all out war. Yet. 

She has always had the presence of an adversary since Carly was in charge of Sonny's empire and I love she is truly getting to live up to the potential shown in those scenes. 

I want more.  Can you imagine if she and Lucy have a conflict? Not to mention it's just a matter of time before she runs afoul of Orbecht now that she's holding something Faison related over Britt's head. 

Very happy to see Ms. Wu is so weaving into so many things like a octopus with many tentacles. She is totally outshining Victor Cassindine right now. A hard thing to do.

4-6

BOOM!!! What am I talking about? I see the Trina recast has found her footing at this housewarming party. And she's giving off all kinds of chemistry with her mother, her mother's man, and TJ. Promise for that promo I posted in the spoiler. I knew she would find her footing. Like most newcomers.

And DOUBLE BOOM!!! I see the writers are picking up the Jennifer Smith thread again. Now let's see if they reveal who this secret mob boss is and hope it is not what I suspect and it's Hat Dad. 

• Members

4-13

Oooo....YES, YES, YES!!!! And there it goes...watching the art gallery scenes between Spencer and Trina. And I now really seeing the sparks. *promptly swoons* And nice catch that he's her abili in a way.

OH...so we are going there with Willow and Nina...well, Harmony has come to life over the mess at least.

Can we keep Felicia and Anna on missions and looking fabulous? lol. I loved their first adventure and I'm loving this one, not realizing Valentin is involved.

Shut up, Michael!!!

• Members

I don't know if this is a minority opinion or not but I am more than a little annoyed that they are now talking as if BLQ's song for Deception was performed & we just happened not to hear it. There has been ample time spent talking about it. I don't want it to be a phantom!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I only came back to GH a few months ago, so I'm at a loss as to why people are rooting for this couple. I'd like to see a good guy in the mix competing for Trina.  Portia is right about him as far as I can see and I really want her come after Esme. Trina deserves way better. I guess part of is the actor playing Spencer seems better as a darker character. He doesn't have to be evil, but I don't want him to be good either.

Sasha and Brando are so bland. The actress is beautiful, but it just isn't working for me. Josh and Cam are also boring and the acting is not the best. Again both are attractive, but putting green/weak actors together is a mistake.

I like the idea of Celine Wu, but she reminds me of Helena in the sense that the character almost seems like a cartoon. She does seem like a real person with actual emotions. They need to give her more depth like they did for Lisle.

All told, I feel the show is better than when I left four years ago.

Edited by Juliajms