What's the best way to end a SOAP Episode?

• Members

I like fade to black (with background score still playing) then show credit, Law & Order "Created by Dick Wolf" style. Case & point: Y&R It was nice and dramatic.

Maybe my favorite: Fade into show logo is another good way, a la Days of Our Lives spinning hourglass closer 1990s.

Freeze frames, beat, then show credits on the frozen frame are cool. Dynasty and Dallas in particular.

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked Y&R’s fade to black and producer credits too. 

I loved GH’s end credits from the ‘90s:

And GL’s end credits with the still shots of the cast in alphabetical order. I was also disappointed when they skipped those credits and just had the GL logo. It was also so weird when they ended with Kim Zimmer instead of Michael Zaslow.

• Members

This is how you end a Christmas episode for a soap. Having the characters pose for a family photo while  looking directly in the camera. Perhaps one of the many things that endeared me to Pine Valley and Agnes Nixons creations. Then the credits begin to roll with Christmas carolers singing in the background.  

• Members

Since Eastenders was mentioned…

It’s a feature of all the British soaps. Most shows, in fact. A beat of feature that takes the show into the credits.

Hollyoaks is slightly different as it neatly always has a post-credit scene.

Edited by LondonScribe