ARTICLE: Michael Muhney Has No Plans to Ever Return to Daytime: “It was Something I Thought Would be an Interesting Challenge”

Errol

• Webmaster
Michael Muhney, Adam Newman, The Young and the Restless, Y&R, #YR, Young & Restless

Since being let go as Adam Newman on “The Young and the Restless” in 2013, fans of actor Michael Muhney have been clamoring for another soap to pick him up to play either a recast or a new character. Unfortunately for them, Muhney himself has closed the book on ever returning to daytime soaps.

“Truly no offense to anyone in production or anyone who is a viewer but I have no desire to do another soap,” said Muhney on Twitter recently when a fan said he should look into joining “General Hospital” as an example in response to Muhney saying in a tweet, “It takes a helluva lot of ‘stickwithittude’ to receive rejection as often as I face it, but I’ve nothing else to do with my time so I guess I’ll remain a glutton for punishment.” 

Commenting further on his soap experience, Muhney stated, “​​It was something I thought would be an interesting challenge and I’m glad I tried it but I started career in prime time and my heart is both there and in streamers.” He added, “I always promised myself I’d only ever play ‘Adam’ on ‘Y&R.’ No more. No less. That was the only character I was ever interested in portraying on daytime tele.”

Earlier in his timeline, Muhney commented on how tough it is to make it in Hollywood, saying, “I wish I could publicly talk about the projects I come so painfully close on. There are a few every year. Unfortunately, in this hyper-angry world we live in, too many critical folks would post negative comments to those productions.” 

While Muhney’s IMDb credits have been sporadic with his most notable credits since “Y&R” being an appearance in a 2017 episode of “The Good Doctor,” and more recently portraying the role of Martin Haywood over four episodes in the Apple TV+ series “Truth Be Told” starring Octavia Spencer and Mekhi Phifer, the actor is content.

“With every big role I’ve played I saved my money. I may not be much of an artist but with the sparing talent I possess I’ve chosen to be somewhat picky about projects,” he notes. “I’d rather own three less houses and no yachts and have an artistically fulfilling career.”

Muhney closed out his comments with a recommendation to watch the Ricky Gervais series “After Life,” which is about a man dealing with the loss of his wife after she dies from breast cancer by saying and doing whatever he wants no matter the consequences. “Ricky Gervais is inspired. You laugh. You cry. This show is absolutely brilliant.” The series complete series is now streaming on Netflix.

Note: The post Michael Muhney Has No Plans to Ever Return to Daytime: “It was Something I Thought Would be an Interesting Challenge” appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images