GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Wait…I knew they wouldn’t pair Terry with anybody they deemed important, but Chet? It’s bad enough they won’t give the trans character an equal storyline, but to bring on a disabled man as her love interest and give them nothing together is even more insulting. Now if you could promise me this was a real story with real screen time I’d be all for it, but you already know what they’re doing. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have never doubted Sarah as an actress.  I think she is very specific though.  I think she does need the right character.  She can come off cold if the character lacks.  I liked her as Claudia.  I just hate the "we are going to pretend she wasn't another huge character on this show crap".  And the wink, wink they do despite that.   It immediately takes me out.  I don't think I have ever liked the 2nd character a major actor has played on a soap. 

The TBC....on todays show cracked me up too.  Like, man, I was really hoping this would continue on Monday.  Like it has for the past 50 plus years.......

• Members

Yeah, it should never have happened despite her doing a good job. Bringing on a prominent actor as a new character is almost always stupid to me unless it is somehow directly tied into the prior character like a twin or what not, and even then it usually fails.

• Members

Lorenzo was definitely the most fleshed out with a deep backstory. They did a great deal with him very quickly and it worked out. It was when he became a direct threat to Sonny's primacy with the audience that they began working to emasculate and marginalize him in story and with women.

The Jacob thing was also stronger because at the time, audiences pretty much accepted that Jesse's death was permanent and untouchable. It was a big shock when he came back for real in '08. Y&R could bring Hilary back tomorrow and no one would blink - the Amanda thing doesn't work.

Edited by Vee