GH: Vet Returns

• Members

Since we're on the subject of vets and the other topic is closed, I will venture a potentially UO - Despite his asshat behavior on social media re: supporting Steve, Chad Brannon looked really [!@#$%^&*] good when he turned up as Ghost Zander. I'm not sure a long-term purpose for the character is viable at all, but this show does need more and better males. So.... I am not averse to considering the possibility of Witness Protection Zander. There have been deader soap leading men than him who have done that retcon, and while Brannon is clearly right wing these days there are many right wingers on daytime but only a handful who would refuse the vax if a job is on the line. Discuss! Or don't.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Idk, I always felt Robert/Anna could have reappeared earlier to help Robin.  I get FH/TR literally weren't available, but it still feels like it was a crappy move on Robert/Anna's parts.  But now I am actually confused as what Anna/Robert were doing in their time away.  I'll have to google it.  The AMC stuff muddles my Anna/Alex timeline.

I definitely feel bad for KW and the whole situation, but I can completely understand them bringing Frisco back from a show/business perspective.  JW/Frisco/Felicia are a draw.  The actors agreed and TPTB can't help if their personal lives are messy. I honestly wouldn't have hated a Frisco/Felicia reunion.

• Members

I unfortunately watched that terrible storyline and I can assure you Anna spent the duration of those years since '92 holed up in cabins and castle towers out of her skull and with fragmented memories/brain damage being looked after by caretakers due to the boat explosion until she was found by Alex and later, regained her memory by reuniting with Robin. Scorpio, OTOH, was allegedly drafted into some sort of super CDC unit/agency.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think it would have been a horrible regression for Felicia, even if JW/KW didn't have such a rough ride IRL, and even if JW hadn't behaved like a cold zombie onscreen (which was a key issue). Felicia's life and character disintegrated because she left the man who had raised her children and made a life with her for a doomed fling with Luke Spencer, and she completely abdicated all responsibility for her family in the aftermath for years. She returned, made things right with Mac and Maxie, etc. For her to backslide and go back to the one person who has been far more of a failure than her and symbolic of all her worst mistakes would've ruined her forever for me. YMMV, though.

• Members

That's a tough one for me.  You make the best points, but I sometimes am like "YaY! Supercouple pairing" -ex. my hard attachment to Sonny and Brenda.  It's not right for actual character progression, but nostalgia does get me everytime.  I actually just enjoy current Days sometimes because they flashback to John/Kristen circa 1993-which I didn't even like or have much bond to.

Felicia has been ruined since the Luke fiasco and Mac just takes her back.  Felicia has never been one of my ride or die characters, so I definitely have a different take.  I like her, but don't care about her in the way that I do about Brenda, Robin, Lucy, Sonny, Jax, Ned etc and I tend to find Mac the 'safe' choice for her.   But, again, Mac/Felicia are the least of GH's problems.  They are a nice couple and I want Uncle Mac to be happy,

• Members

For sure.  I always wished Mac had his own child.  I know he raised all those kids as his own and I don't discount that, but it's a shame he never got his own bio kid.  He's such a good dad.  I think Mac/Felicia are a perfect pairing right now since they are mostly backburned and don't carry story.   It's a nice pairing just not very riveting.  I mean, I take it any day over Felicia/Luke or Felicia/Matt Ashford's weird, grossly sexual take on Tom Hardy.

• Members

Robin and Anna reunited on All My Children back in 2001 when Anna was starting to get her memory back, so that angle was already covered. It was more Robert that they were portraying as the deadbeat dad when he returned to GH in 2006 - and boy Robin made him suffer for ages because of it. Even Anna was p***ed at Robert for a while, but as we know, they all smoothed things over with each other in the end.

• Members

No matter how well you get along with an ex, playing a romantic storyline with one that betrayed you in the past in the same place you fell in love originally would be incredibly difficult for anyone.  I am so glad to have Felicia back, and I am glad Kristina Wagner doesn’t have to fake it with Jack as Frisco.

I hope we get a little of Felicia in investigation mode.

• Members

Agreed.  It's very weird for him to have none of his own kids just because he's been on for so long.

I watched every single day back then and I still could not explain that story to you.  I think I actually read a recap of it recently and it still didn't make sense to me.  I know it was scrapped early or changed, but the show never even tried with Mac again after that.

Yeah, I think I misspoke.  I forgot about the Anna AMC stuff so she gets a pass. And I know Robin was pissed about Robert, but I guess it still rubs me the wrong way.  After all Robin went through as a teen Mac was the one who raised her while her parents were MIA.  I guess my point is I don't think Robert is that much better than Frisco even if he's been back for a while now.  But I get that's not really a popular opinion.

When you put it like that I get it lol.  I just assumed it was mostly water under the bridge for them at that point because they did a movie together and everything, but I can see how it would be awkward playing those particular characters.  

Honestly, I like Felicia/Mac doing investigations, but I miss the Outback.  Can the show bring that back?