Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ok, the devil can raise people from the dead and bring people out of their comas but he can’t get into a coma ward on his own ?

Please register in order to view this content

Agreed that this was a pretty good episode though. I almost started to feel sorry for Philip

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was weird seeing characters be so smart today. Steve was just like, "Marlena took your key card? Well obviously she wants to see Jan." Like damn.

I'm sick of Jan but she had me laughing today with how she was asking Marlena if she took up smoking. 

Those scenes with Kate and Philip at the end were good. I was actually feeling some sympathy for him. I hate what they're doing to him. Surely there were other ways to get Brady and Chloe together. 

Tripp and Allie are so boring lol of course they got matching bracelets. 

• Members

Those were some great scenes. 

I had to laugh at the way Tripp falls after being hit.

Please register in order to view this content

It just looks very dumb. He should just drop straight down and somehow he's falling to the side...it looked weird watching it and now with the GIF.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I love Jan. She's a cartoon but she has a unique style of crazy. A flavor all her own.

I think I'll love it if Jan (as Belle) has sex with Shawn and ends up pregnant. How soapy and twisted. Gives me shades of OLTL's Mad Margaret.

Shawn and Belle need a viable villain so it would be smart to give her a baby. Wasn't she pregnant in 2001? Seems like I remember her falling down the stairs at Bo and Hope's house and losing the baby or something.

Edited by KLN

• Members

That's interesting.

I know people are bitching about what they're doing to Phillip but I love it. He's finally interesting to me. I just wish they'd recast. JKJ hasn't aged well and his acting is worse than ever.

I think Thad Luckinbill would have good chemistry with Nadia.

• Members

OK This is why, however mad Locher makes me, those interviews are such a good idea.
Learning that the reason ED suggested *she* play Susan too (even though the initial plan was to hire a lookalike actress) was because she was dating Jon Lindstrom at the time and got the idea from Ryan/Kevin blows my mind.
I had never heard that and it is such a fun tidbit.

• Members

That's perfect! 

I'd like to go on the record and say I never liked JKJ. Even when he replaced Brandon Tyler in December of '99 and everyone loved him and I was like... nah. Stiff actor, no charisma, only mildly attractive.

I never bought him as Kate and Victor's son and I always wished they would retool the him the way he should've been conceived from the start. With his origin story you mean to tell me Phillip Kiriakis doesn't have issues?

They're finally giving him interest but we're stuck with JKJ who's worse than ever. Zero charisma and I've seen better acting in 4th grade plays.

Edited by KLN

• Members

I knew Eileen was with Jon at the time and I knew it was her idea to play Susan but I didn't know the inspiration was Ryan/Kevin. That's awesome!

To think that spark of an idea led to the canon that is Susan Banks is amazing.

I'm glad they finally listened and brought Kristen back in 2012. I shouted it from the rooftops for 15 years and look how much story she's generated since coming back.

When I stopped posting in 2008 she was still a character they still wouldn't mention. They basically erased her when Eileen left a hole in the show. They tried to find spark for everyone she drove story for but nothing else compared. The answer was always Kristen.

I always saw the value in a character so central and volatile. She's a one woman story factory, everything a soap wants you to feel in a kaleidoscope of colors.

But I prefer Stacy Haiduk.

Edited by KLN