Y&R December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just watched it. He’s SO engaging, intelligent, and articulate. And gorgeous—much more than on the show. It’s insane than he’s 63. He looks younger than his onscreen younger brother.

Alan, of course, steps on a few of his *great* stories, but CLB does a better job at navigating Alan than most. I’m actually going to get tickets to see CLB in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof here in NYC next month. (He’s playing Big Daddy off-Broadway.)

ATWT fans will get a kick out of a lot of his anecdotes regarding Marisa Tomei, Meg Ryan, Eileen Fulton, Betty Rea, and others.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Chance so far is not making much of an impression. But MO is hardly the pro to help him lift his game.

He does look younger than her.

Thank the Lord Jill is back. Jess needs to stay around and become an active part of the show. She can elevate the crummiest of stories.

• Members

nuChance is still a great improvement over the last one, and I actually think he and MO are a good fit. Still, shouldn’t they have been hungry for some alone time over those days?

Jess Walton is always welcome, but I wish they hadn’t AGAIN gone to the “Billy is a screw up” storyline. Haven’t we seen that a dozen times from Jill? Why not have her get angry with Victor and vow vengeance for him going after her son?

I realize it’s a problem that Jess isn’t working much, but I hate the repetition. Christel Khalil was outright LAUGHING during her dialogue about Lily takin* over and Billy working for her.

• Members

WTH is going on with lighting/hair/makeup/clothing?

Nikki in a bold stripe blouse with a snakeskin belt? In what fashion universe does that worK?

Jack suddenly looks years older-his skin looks way more blotchy. Nikki has prominent eye bags.

Phyllis cleavage was spotty.

If you're over 40 on this show, don't expect any help from the production team.

• Members

Agreed.....Y&R needs to get a new head writer and probably an executive producer too. That first, then if MO doesn't improve replace with a younger actress.  Y&R definitely needs to get Jess Walton back on contract, with her husband passing earlier this year, she may be more willing to do so.

• Members

I'm underwhelmed by nununununuChance. But it's early on.

I'm one of those young viewers and I'd rather see Jill than 97% of the rest of the them. Jess is still top notch and I say that having just watched the day ahead.

The show is better than when I first came back to it but still a fixer upper.

Rinse. Leather. Repeat. Billy is impulsive. Billy is a screw up. I will always feel Billy was miscast but it would be great to see Billy best The Mustache, Adam, Ashland and Victoria.

Great news and not really a spoiler but....

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The worst offenders in terms of clothing are Nikki,Lauren, Abby, Sally and sometimes Sharon. and Phyllis.

Lots of overly tight, cheap looking fabrics, unflattering colors, metallics.

So it is a style choice for these characters. as Amanda and Lily usually look decent in more subdued and elegant looks - but no-one is immune.

Is it just me or does anyone think those characters present well?

Obviously the clothing budget has been cut and they are using cheaper items but just like in real life a clever eye can elevate the look. 

Are the men wearing their own clothes? Nick, Devon, Ray are dressed basically. Devon should be in hip casual/streetwear  but its just chain store looking Tees and jeans.

Adam looks awful in the baggy black outfits. Only Nate and ashland present well.

The hair and makeup is off. Is this COVID related? Are they spending minimum time interacting with hair/makeup, if at all?

As for the lighting, again maybe the budget means less time is allowed to adjust the lighting and they are employing fewer people ?

There has to be some reason for the tatty looking show.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Does Jill still own 25% of Jabot?

I haven't kept up in a while and I just saw a tweet that Jill offered a position to Billy at Chancellor which made me question what gave Jill the authority to offer a position within that company? 

Did she gain Chancellor stock when she thought she was Kay's daughter and just never gave it back, or is she the proxy for her son Phillip's stock?  I would hope that they didn't write in that she owns part of Fenmore's because Neil died before Jill found out they were related and Lauren was his sole heir (which doesn't suddenly change when a bastard child is found).