Y&R November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The story involving Amanda's family has been an afterthought. The trial excerpts were beyond awful. Amanda and Michael in a panelled corner. C'mon. This is THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, not local city hall coverage. Josh Griffith has done poorly by Amanda and her offscreen family. At least GENERAL HOSPITAL has a courtroom set, a judge, a prosecutor and a bailiff. Shame on CBS and Y&R.

The momentum for good story was there, but the writers dropped the ball. Imani could be a great addition. Naya could be working with Nikki on charity functions. The never cast husband (Paging Rif Hutton <cough>) should be on, resenting Amanda. It doesn't take a genius to make this story work, just some interest.

• Members

Precisely.

i haven't watched since the wedding and reading synopses etc, apart from Chance's 'death' I have missed nothing.

The same character, conversations.

I did skim through the Wed episode.

OMG the 'courtroom' scenes were an embarassment-that whole story is played like an outline. There is potential but its not explored.

Jessie Gaines gets a hotel room hideaway but they won't do an office set for characters (Jack,Lauren,sally,Chloe,Michael, Devon etc) that are wandering around empty restaurants.

Noah has been back a few weeks and all we've got so far is some vague backstory.

Faith/Moses has received no play.

Abby and that damn doll.

Most of the female characters are dressed like hookers.

I will tune in to see new Chance and Jill.

• Members

Jason Thompson is the best actor in the role of Billy period IMHO.  Lily is NO twit.  The writers and exec producer of the show are ruining several characters --- Billy, Nick, Sharon, lesser degree Lily, Mariah.  I do think the baby Dominic storyline is very,very lousy as is almost everything written for this show.