Pluto TV Confirms Soaps Channel Will Contain More Than ‘The Young and the Restless’ and ‘The Bold and the Beautiful’

Errol

• Webmaster
Soaps, The Bold and the Beautiful, B&B, #BoldandBeautiful, Bold & Beautiful, The Young and the Restless, Y&R, #YR, Young & Restless

Pluto TV confirms additional soap content will be added to its newly launched soaps channel, beyond reruns of "The Bold and the Beautiful" and "The Young and the Restless," as it hopes to be the destination for fans to get their melodramatic fix anytime, anywhere.

Note: The post Pluto TV Confirms Soaps Channel Will Contain More Than ‘The Young and the Restless’ and ‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm guessing they were bombarded by social media and media questioning them lol. Good to know more is to come. We'll see where this goes ...

I don't feel like they'll just randomly air whatever, who knows, but YES PLEASE. 

I always wonder about P&G. We had the AOL streaming thing. We had soap classics dvds. Another World was on SoapNet. But they seem so uninterested. I'd love to get ATWT and GL (and Edge, etc.) ... I don't really believe CBS wanted to buy them but P&G really should have sold their soap products off. (And if CBS did they'd just sit on the shelf collecting dust like AMC and OLTL are over at ABC)

I won't be 'greedy' and I'd simply be ecstatic to have Classic Y&R rerun. They seem to believe there's room for Classic B&B on YouTube so .... I know music, rights, etc. but still ... let's go ...

(reruns are just one main reason I think it was a mistake for the soaps to be a full hour. B&B is "easier", Ryan's Hope, Dark Shadows, The Doctors ... all half hour and more palatable to sit through)

Question is, are they going to be a catch-all soap streaming channel or are they trying to stick with CBS-esque/affiliated soaps? You know?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Pluto is a godsend for MST3K, RiffTrax, Dark Shadows and classic Doctor Who, among others. They also do 90210 and Melrose IIRC. The super low-rent ads they run in the abrupt commercial breaks crack me up, but I can keep Pluto on all night when I get sleep or am feeling low.

My idea of hell would be ABC, etc. licensing out soap reruns only from 2000-on which is probably what I can see happening, lol.

• Members

lol at the abrupt commercial breaks. So true.

It's nice to sometimes have Baywatch on in the background or 90210. I watched Melrose Place last night instead of Y&R (my first time on the Pluto soaps channel). I was so bored, sorry Y&R.

I could see the latter

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I'd wish for Santa Barbara, but I know that will never happen for a host of reasons. If not that, I'd love to see Days of Our Lives, from the '60s (before my time) until the early '90s. Considering what Ron Carlivati has done to it, I'd like to remember when the show was worth watching.

• Members

B&B is airing as I type this. If I’m not careful, this show is going to take over too many hours of my day with the current, from the beginning, and Pluto eps airing. I’m a little frustrated with the Pluto website. I can’t find a full schedule, it only appears to show what’s airing at the moment. Any help?