Actors who also became hit recording artists

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Stefan Dennis AKA Paul Robinson who is still the only remaining original character on Neighbours. 

Let's not forget Jesse McCartney (ex- Adam Chandler Jr. on All My Children either. 

Jamie Walters and Charlotte Ross were of course vocalists on The Height's hit billboard single - How Do You Talk to an Angel. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Several songs written specifically for EastEnders storylines hit the UK singles charts in the 80's:

Nick Berry's Every Loser Wins hit #1 on the UK singles chart in 1986:

Letitia Dean and Paul Medford's Something Outa Nothing reached #12 on the UK singles chart also in 1986:

Anita Dobson's vocal version of the EastEnders theme song hit #4 on the UK singles chart that same year:

• Members

They tried really hard to make her the next Kylie, and it didn't work, lol. Her rendition of Kiss Kiss (that song has been done a million times) did hit #1 in both the UK and Australia, and I remember some controversy with the video in the UK press at the time, but that momentum didn't last. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

The follow up Down Boy was better, but her album didn't sell as well as they had hoped ("only" went Gold, clearly they were aiming for Platinum) and her second album bombed. And that was that for Holly's music career.

Edited by te.

• Members

Kym Marsh who went on to entertain and some may argue irritate us as Michelle Connor on Coronation Street got her start in the band "Hear'Say" As well as Suzanne Shaw who later went onto play the recast Eve Jenson (nee Birch) on Emmerdale. 

I also came across this from Charlotte Ross AKA OG Eve Donovan from DAYS