BET Presents The Encore

• Members

I've been looking for something to occupy my time until RHOP returns on Sunday and I found it in 

Granted, I haven't watched BET reality shows since the days of Frankie "Code 10 Man Down" Lons, but my desire to relive the soundtrack to my high school and college years is what lured me towards this messy mess and messy doesn't even begin to describe what this network has gifted me every Wednesday night.

Whether it's that lisping girl from 3LW proclaiming her creative direction or Pam from Total being totally delivered from her lesbianism or Aubrey from Danity Kane starting [!@#$%^&*] on her latest reality show those twins that I've never heard of proclaiming to be highly in demand while shading former group members who've outsold them 10 times over, Carlos King and Todd Tucker have sucked me in.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by VirginiaHamilton
Formatting correction.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hey VH!  Good to have you posting

I love The Encore.  Aubrey O'Day is hard on the eyes but the show is really good.  I know the album they put together is going to be really great but I enjoy watching these women get there.  

• Members

Loving the show as well. Been enjoying what I’m hearing of the songs they have recorded, hope we get to hear them in full. Nivea and Shamari are the best vocalist on the show. I have a soft spot for Misha because I view her as a underdog.

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

I swear, if it's not Aubrey, it's the damn twins!  LeMisha, as queen, should have asked Aubrey to not participate because she was MIA and didn't tell anyone.  She doesn't get to reappear and be in the thick of things!  

Kiely is still here becauzzzzzzz?  

• Members

*waves*

Hi, CH! Great to see you as well.

It's interesting to see singers from all stages of life get together (from those who never really left the industry after their heyday ended like Nivea to those who've been on the game for a while like the 702 sisters).

Same (I feel similarly for Irish).

Kiely is here to stir up sh!t while flying under the radar as Aubrey and those horrid chipmunks get the lion's share of the vitriol. That pendulum will swing back in her direction once either of them leave or fall back because she can't help herself.

I think LeMisha was unwisely linking up with someone who hated those chipmunks as much (or nearly as much) as she did instead of choosing strategically. Aubrey's only concerned with herself and has no problem screwing people over (that said, I was side-eyeing that Elijah songwriter person for talking both sides of his mouth).

I wonder what old group members are going to show up on the next episode (though I'm pretty sure booked and busy Naturi Naughton will not be).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Lawd!  I just don't know where to begin.  

Don't care that Aubrey is gone but Nivea

She truly has a good soul and didn't come for the cameras but to make music.  

The twins are evil beasts!  They don't work well with others are no one hardly knows who they are for them to be torturing folks this way!

• Members

Last night was a sooo epic! I ate up every moment. Everybody added to the gumbo except shamari. Of course Nivea (the most talented one) would leave.

I was on the twins side with kosine drama. They usually have reasonable concerns, it’s the delivery that messes it up. I do not care for kiely, her relationship with the twins is very high school mean girl to me. 

Love Pam and the way she got kiely together. What happened to Shamari Rhoa personality? I forgot she was there.

Misha and Irish, imma need for them, to put down the cigs if they wanna get their voices back. I adored LeMisha and believe she makes a awesome Queen. It’s just hard to root for the two worst singers complaining about singing lead. Show me why you deserve it.

I’m Queen of this house, if you want sum, come get it!

Edited by DemetriKane

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am almost caught up with the show and all I have to say about Nivea is that I hope that she gets her own show out of this. She was, by far, my favorite castmember on the show and as much as I enjoyed seeing her get into Thing One and Thing Two's asses, I hated to see her go.

I'm also mad that I was denied the chance to see Misha and Irish tag team those oompa loompas, but that's another subject for another day.

@ playa pleathe acting torn about joining the group

Edited by VirginiaHamilton

• Members

The twins are horrible people.  Kosine does not know how to apologize?  Whether or not you think its sincere, its an apology.  Imagine going to school with evil twins like that?  Would not have mind if LeMisha had clocked at least one of them.

And on estimate, how long has Kiely been waiting for the girls to beg her to perform?  I'd say when casting began.  She seems to think folks want her autograph.  Yikes!