YR: Actress MIGHT be out..?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For me, she almost singlehandedly makes the show, in spite of the poorly executed introduction of her family. They need to pay her all the money.

I would love a behind-the-scenes exposé on Y&R. The show is about as Dollar General as it gets, and they continue to strip it down. I can’t imagine someone like Melody Thomas Scott is long for this world on that show.

• Members

They probably have that in reserve, thinking they have that as leverage, or rather they have no sense of needing to keep her.

If they let her walk again, I don’t think they’ll get her back this time, neither will they deserve to. Also, if she wanted to stay in soaps, General Hospital has a better (if very bustling) canvas of actors and they seem to treat their black actors well. Personally, I think she’s talented and charismatic enough to do regular prime time. 

Also, something must be going on at Y&R, what with this and the rumoured contract issues with Hunter King and Michael Mealor. 

• Members

It’s weird what’s going on with Y&R and these casting choices. Even going back to Chance. I didn’t like the actor, but he was front burner and clearly they had story planned for him, but he still hasn’t been recast. Then you now have 3 front burner characters that may be out as well? That’s odd.

You can tell watching they’re going through the motions. You can’t see any passion for any particular character or storyline. I feel like that’s why they’re so quick to let these actors go, because they don’t care. They’ll just shift the focus elsewhere in another thrown together, boring storyline. 

• Members

Didn’t they lowball Josh Morrow, Sharon Case, and Melody in the early to mid 2000’s, causing all three to not sign contracts and stop airing for a period of time?  What happens with their contract negotiations?  

She deserves everything she is asking for.  Even if her new character isn’t as strong, she is still great and they desperately need actors making their bland Y&R material have some spark.

• Members

Karla’s a good actress and maybe she’d need time to find her sea legs as Amanda, but she just isn’t in Mishael’s league. There’s no comparison to how the Amanda scenes played with KM versus MM. Karla just couldn’t get her mouth around the unnatural dialogue while Mishael makes it feel effortless and impassioned. Even the decent-to-passable actors cast as Amanda’s family can’t do it nearly as well as Mishael.

They have no clue what a goldmine they have in her.