LGBTQ Representation on Daytime Soaps

• Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'll never believe Guy Wilson is str8 after seeing those scenes. I have rarely seen a hetero love scene on a soap get that intensely horny between the two actors. There were a few scenes in the GL Conboy era that came close, where stuff with David Andrew Macdonald and Laura Wright felt almost uncomfortable to watch.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The looks on his face in that clip said it all.

Well, tbf, Youtube did also flag Abby and EJ's shower scene and Ben and Ciara's first time too. I think Will's shower dream about Sonny is still up though.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Guy Wilson is at least bi because those scenes were smokin. Remember when his acting when to the sh!it's? And he said the viewers had to 

Remember when fans complained and he blamed them for his bad acting.

Please register in order to view this content

But during his story with Paul his acting improved... Lol

They had an edited version of Will and Paul up a while back. It looks very tame with the edits.

• Members

I wonder if some of that is down to vengeful fans. There are so many far more envelope-pushing scenes that have been up on YouTube for years with millions of views.

Paul/Will/Sonny could have gone for years with better writing (and some cases, better acting). They are an interesting triangle because, unlike straight triangles, they’ve all fücked each other, yet they all play on each other’s insecurities. In a more progressive world, I would’ve loved to see them eventually try to be a throuple, which would be DISASTROUS (and therefore ripe for drama).

Still, Christopher Sean would be hard to replace as Paul.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

That's what I've been saying.

Paul/Will/Sonny would have been a fresh twist on a typical soap triangle. There could have been so many different dynamics to explore and it all would have been, for the most part, completely original.

If I was writing and/or producing, I would've tried to get CS back the moment that I heard his series was being cancelled. The triangle still could have been playing out to this day.

• Members

Chandler needs to step his p*ssy up too. Way too checked out on his most recent returns.

Again, I’d love to see some gay men and women with a few gray hairs. I suppose there’s a feeling that women only like gay men when they are cuddly and cute. (Plus, I’m assuming that the reason why these soaps even attempt to do gay stories is to appeal to a younger demo. Hence all the gays are 30-ish or younger.)