B&B: January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is petty but it's how I feel.  They need to eliminate soaps from Daytime Emmies.  How many does Heather Tom need now to take over the lead as the most number of Best Actress Emmys?  Admirable, but there's only 4 shows now and she's not competing with the likes of Flannery, Erika Slezak, Kim Zimmer, and others that we know.

Well Carter has performed enough Divorces, Annulments, and Weddings for him.  

• Members

It’s particularly egregious with Heather Tom. She’s not in any way, shape, or form a Lead Actress of this show. She’s barely a Supporting Actress these days. She drives no story. They trot Katie to rage, snot, and have heart attacks for an episode or two each year, and they reap the benefits at the Emmys, which shows how much that system is broken.

You’d think Bradley would be like, “Hmmm, that Heather is pretty talented. Let’s give her actual stories.” They never do.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

When I've read recaps I haven't heard her mentioned in ages.  The day I tuned in (I wanted to see the new character Paris because I'd not seen her yet), and then Katie and Bill had scenes I was like, Lord, here they go again.  I hadn't read anyone on the boards here mentioning Katie in months, so thought, yeah here they go again.  She bawls over Bill, needs an organ, she takes him back, he screws her over, etc.  I agree with someone above who said they need new blood on this show if they want to get viewers back.  I thought maybe I'd tune in for what I saw from the Paris/Zoey/Zende stuff but I didn't remember yesterday.  Zoey is clearly just going back to scheming and I'm like meh.  Nah.  She already did that back when she was lusting after Xander and used her dead stiff cat to get his attention.  

• Members

I hadn't seen this.  This was a good performance by JMW and TK.  I really want Ridge to grab Liam in the collar and dare him to come near his daughter again.  Stop the ping ponging and you're not coming NEAR her.  Hope can have you.  But don't continue to do this to her.