Rolling Stone top 500 albums (updated list)

DRW50

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Growing up, those lists were how I learned about music, so I loved seeing a lot of unfamiliar artists. At my old job, I oversaw a similar music list, and I really pushed for lesser-known artists to get their due, even though we got a lot of pushback from people who were screaming, “How dare this nameless band be higher on the list than this world-famous icon?”

• Members

^^

That's quite a list of wonderful songs, and yet they have just as many great songs (or even more) not on the list..... 

Please register in order to view this content

Going back to the Rolling Stones list, I think placing Greatest Hits albums or Best Of collections on it is cheating a bit. Albums like that are supposed to be great.

• Members

I find it astonishing that they could cram so many Rolling Stones, Dylan, U2 and Beatles songs onto the list, not to mention so many obscure male artists/groups, but only find place for one Madonna song, and not a single mention of Carole King, Etta James, Kate Bush, Dinah Washington, Whitney Houston etc