DAYS: Actor returns

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yup, I said it before, but when they did the time jump I wanted them to properly tie up all the storylines and then do a major overhaul of the canvas (add fresh blood, straighten out family trees, drop pointless characters) - Rafe is deadwood and has been for... well, since when wasn't he?

On the plus side, I guess Galen is a nice guy so there's that.

• Members

If only

As did I. I've wanted an overhaul of the canvas for a long time now too. I thought we were getting it but not really. 

I like Galen. I've just never cared for Rafe. The only time I liked him was when he was with Jordan and Kate, honestly, and briefly before that when he was just a single snarky cop, that worked best. Otherwise Rafe is useless. They've thrown him in certain pairings (Sami; Hope) that really never worked. Why couldn't they just cut their losses? I feel like Ron has no interest in Rafe, and rightfully so. Rafe is deadweight.

I wonder if they do Rafe/Nicole ...

I also did not need or want Marci Miller back as Abigail. I swear anytime I get interested in DAYS again they do everything they can to turn me off again. Can we get a Chabby break? For real this time?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Controversial opinion (?), but I like Marci Miller as Abby. She has that classic soap opera heroine thing going on that I enjoy.

There are so many things I would do to DAYS if I had the chance though - one of those is to finally straighten out the family trees. Viewers should not need a [!@#$%^&*] chart to figure out how everyone relates to each other to begin with. And in all honesty - I'd drop the DiMera's, their wacky plots and back-from-the-dead potions. I'd also make things matter in the long run - not pointless medical emergencies that lasts for three weeks and gets forgotten; daytime soaps are blessed with the ability to explore all aspects thanks to airing five times a week. Unt so weiter, unt so weiter....

But anyway, I'm just ranting.

Edited by te.

• Members

Didn't he play a love interest of sister Jennifer, who quickly & conveniently turned psycho on her? 

Side note: with DAYS' 55th anniversary coming up in November which they have yet to film, I'm glad their tape date vs air date are close. It was crazy how their 50th anniversary was filmed at the beginning of 2015 and by the time they were promoting the anniversary in November, they were all secretly in the depths of despair about the quality of the show, as it took a dark turn in 2016. 

• Members

I loved Roark Critchlow as Mike, so I wondered what he looked like. (He’s steadily worked but I don’t remember seeing him elsewhere.) He’s definitely... matured. But, as it’s been like 25 years since he and Carrie got together, dude is almost 60 (he’s around the same age as Michael T. Weiss - which I was semi-surprised to learn as I thought it was a de-SORASing).

Edited by Faulkner

• 2 months later...