Crypto-gays and same-sex couplings that should have happened

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not sure whether it entirely belongs in this thread since I don't have a specific partner in mind but it seems to me that since they have established that Y&R's Adam is at least willing to sleep with guys, there is a missed opportunity to add yet another layer to the character by having him actually be overtly bisexual and attracted to someone on the canvas.
Additionally, I have never cared much for any of the Noahs but such a waste opportunity not to make Victor's grandson gay - lots of interesting potential stories there as Nick feels like a character for whom discomfort-with-gay-son would feel in character enough that it could be played through without backlash (unlike the way ATWT's Lily's reaction to Luke being gay felt bizarre and hurt the character)

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I haven't been back to DL in many, many years since the revamp and crazy right wing trolls made it completely unusable IMO, but its soap threads from the 2000s are still where my screen name comes from. And yes, there were many stories.

• Members

Datalounge was a blast back in the day. Even at its best it was toxic (and racist and misogynistic and reeking with internalized homophobia), but it was a side-splittingly funny, smart, and knowledgeable group of people. I still chuckle at things I remember from the DL. “Caneface.” “Dialing a phone with a pencil.” Melissa Gilbert and her “s*** bra.” Judy “Pills” Garland. David Ehrenstein. Gregorzick and the “Cincy Soap Hood.” Random gossip that I later learned firsthand to be true (like who was family in daytime). So much knowledge about soaps (and just assorted pop-culture detritus like TV movies in 1983) going back decades. But yeah, the nastiness of the politics, financial issues, and the moderators’ reactions to the trolls (like paywalls and “Primetime”) killed it, like they did so many other places on the Web. 

Those threads were iconic. And I remember someone there posted a photo from SOD, I think, with Jacob Young at an event around the time he was on GH. In the pic, he had facial hair and was posing with his arm around some cute blonde girl, and the caption read, “Doesn’t he look sexy with a beard?”