Crypto-gays and same-sex couplings that should have happened

• Members

There was a 'From the Elegantly-Understated Tortoise-Shell Desk of Victoria Lord', or whatever I named it, thread which I doubt anyone remembers today - Viki would write incredibly foul missives from her desk and mock posters. It was reasonably well-received, I guess. She would sign every post: 'Love, V.'

That was me. It was always me. When we moved to Invision or whatever and I had to make a new screen name I chose that one, wondering if someone would pick it up or this sig. I'm not sure anyone ever did or remembered those old DL posts (or does today!), but it's been maybe 15 years since the move to Invision so I guess it's time enough to say that was me and that's why this screen name is what it is. So there you go.

I should add: The old Helen Lawson threads really should have been archived. Genius.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That is so funny. I remember that thread! They always loved a good Viki Sleestak post. So you were one of the great “authenticated”? I never had the balls because the queens there were brutal.

And yes, they should have archived those Helen Lawson threads, among many others (like the 9/11 threads). Sad that we can’t Wayback Machine them. And I remember they banned all soap opera posts for a while (due to the influx of “fraus”), which was a bummer.

• Members

I don't believe I was ever authenticated, no. I could be wrong. I just signed the posts.

"Sleestak" wasn't something I ever used, it was a nickname that came around later from somebody else near the end of my time there. I always felt it was a very forced meme and I never liked that name tbh. It was like someone trying hard to make DL magic happen. But hey, it caught on.

For many years you were still able to go back and re-read the 9/11 or election 2008 threads - those were amazing times. I guess you can't now. I still remember "The World Trade Center is an insatiable bottom." Oof. But it wasn't all vicious tasteless humor.

Also: We did have a very real OLTL insider back in the early 2000s. I do not remember the poster's name offhand, but he clearly got ousted with Malone II, right after spoiling the end of the Higley Daniel Colson story in early '05 months in advance. He talked a lot about plans Malone had that didn't come to fruition onscreen.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, DL always had those fake malapropisms that became memes. To me, it sounded like something a wackadoodle old lady might say, so I found it amusing.

There was a LOT of good soap gossip on there, and I remember the OLTL insider. There was also a lot of great AMC and GL dish that I had a friend (who rolled in soap actor circles here in NYC) verify. 

• Members

I loved those threads and I never watched OLTL! If only the character on the show was as viciously elegant as the character on DL.  Some queens on DL still are [!@#$%^&*] talking posters from here..it just isnt as much fun though.