Crypto-gays and same-sex couplings that should have happened

• Members

And EJ covering Will's mouth to cover up the moaning as Sami walked in.

Please register in order to view this content

Wasn't it for stealing or cheating on a test. It was something lame written by Carlaviti. The story was cheesy bad.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

DAYS

EJ and Will - Making EJ Bisexual or fluid with a story of these two having an affair would have been SO good. The Chemistry was there. 

Will and Chad (Casey Deidrick version) - They had so much chemistry. I still remember there being a scene at the Brady Pub where Will essentially gave Chad bedroom eyes and looked like wanted to be plowed right on a table. Chill would have been way better than WilSon. 

Sonny and Chad (Billy Flynn) - Freddie never had much chemistry with Chandler, but he did have it with Billy Flynn I thought. 

Y&R

Kevin and Det.Mark Harding - They had so much chemistry. Missed opportunity for sure. 

• Members

I mean- imagine if Sami’s son had stolen her man, even if for just an affair.  That is a spin on an old soap staple, and would have made it fresh and interesting!  And what if they all made peace, but a year or two later they clear a desk John and Marlena style, and Gabi is the one that saw them?

So much good history to be played with there!

• Members

E.J. and Will should've happened, but network daytime and specifically the world and perceived audience Corday and DAYS cater to would not have been the place for it. It was all DAYS could handle to immediately wife Will up with safe Sonny, then make him (like many GLBT characters before him) a parent via heterosexual coupling to desexualize him as much as possible.

Billy Douglas and Joey probably should've happened on OLTL, since originally the plan was for the gay teen to be Chris McKenna's Joey. (FWIW, if I ran that show online today latter-day daddy McKenna's Joey would fill the soulful sexy Andrew Carpenter role, and we'd discover he's bi and has been casually having an on-off fling with a recast Billy for years since high school.) OLTL had wanted to make little Shane Morasco gay as well, which gives the interplay with wooden Andrew Trischitta's Jack, his tormenter, a different and darker tone, especially after his suicide attempt and his mother's 'death'.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It’s sad because we all love soaps, but they are so many stories that this genre couldn’t tell, even and especially in the good old days, and apparently still can’t tell. This is a genre trapped by the expectations of what it perceives to be its core audience. There aren’t any visionaries who are empowered as Agnes Nixon, who had faith in the intelligence and tolerance of her audience as well as confidence in her character-building and storytelling abilities, so that she could lead audiences places they didn’t think they could go. And even she had limitations imposed on her.

• Members

Yup, he sure came to mind. In fact, that whole 2002-2004 era of GL had a lot of bro relationships that could've gone a different path. I mean, just look at who we had at the time....

Marty West (Shayne)

Matt Bomer (Ben)

Paul Anthony Stewart (Danny)

Gavin Houston (Remy)