Sign in to follow this  
Faulkner

Crypto-gays and same-sex couplings that should have happened

We’ve all heard about same-sex romances that were proposed or rumored and nixed/never came to fruition (Olivia/Holly on GL, Rex/Seth on OLTL). And there’s an interesting chat in the ATWT Cancelled Soaps thread about how many of Doug Marland’s male characters felt like repressed gay men. 

We all know daytime has been afraid to go there for most of its history, but which soap characters do you feel were written as crypto-gay/bi/lesbian? And which same-sex actors do you feel shared sexual chemistry enough for you to say, “Hmmm, wouldn’t it be interesting if they went there?”

Certainly, Will/E.J. and Will/Chad (back in the Casey Deidrick days) on DAYS had their share of supporters due to chemistry between the actors.

38 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Certainly, Will/E.J. and Will/Chad (back in the Casey Deidrick days) on DAYS had their share of supporters due to chemistry between the actors.

Weird, I just reading some old synopsis and discussion about that era of Days in the fall of 09 and spring of 2010 when Days actually was decent again and still had a lot going for it. Chad and Will should have hooked  up. It made me sad on how much potential was squandered at the time. 

Edited by soapfan770

Rick and Philip GL

Holden and Brian Bloom's Dusty ATWT

Danny and Phillip Y&R

Will and Derrick Days

Edited by Soapsuds

42 minutes ago, Milesaway said:

Kyle and Theo - Y&R

not as cousins though

I was thinking of Adam and Steven on Dynasty since they were rivals but they are brothers😂

Back watching one of the Y&R re-airs, I thought there was weird sexual tension between Roscoe Born and Christian LeBlanc in their initial meeting scene as Tom/Michael. RB’s staring CLB down seemed more like eye-f***** than an intimidation tactic.

Oh and I once thought OLTL was playing up some kind of repressed longing between Jennifer Bransford’s Georgie and Sandra P. Grant’s Rachel.

Edited by Faulkner

ATWT’s Mike and Henry!

AMC’s JR and Jamie probably experimented as teens, to be honest. They were raised like siblings but really weren’t.

Also, AMC’s Peter Cortlandt as played by Mitch Federan was destined to grow up and sleep with his best friend Colby Chandler’s boyfriends. Whenever they were shown or said to be playing together as children, I always imagined them having tea parties and Petey being in charge 😂