RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've never seen The Golden Girls.

My fondest memories of Betty White were from my childhood, watching her on Password.  I thought it was so interesting that she and Allen Ludden were married.
Then I remember watching her on The Match Game.
I remember her on The Mary Tyler Moore show, too.

I just read the Betty White wikipedia page.  Before reading that, I probably knew about only 10% of her life.
I bet even her biggest fans/followers don't know everything she accomplished - she's done so much! It's quite amazing and inspiring.
A good read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_White

I'm enjoying seeing all the clips from all the shows she's been in.  I'm learning so much!  Her comedy timing is AMAZING.

• Members

@janea4old you really should consider reading this book. It's very good and discusses White's early life and career success/challenges in depth and presents it in context of the society and industry of the times and side by side with the three other women in the book.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I wish we were still in the times where a channel would clear a weekend's schedule to just show a wide variety of TV star's work in commemoration of their death. I remember when John Ritter passed in 2003, TV Land made a very carefully crafted marathon of Three's Company, the Waltons, Hooperman, Hearts Afire, and his guest appearances on many other series, including Hawaii Five-O and Rhoda. I watched it from beginning to end, and it was just so cool and comforting to be wrapped up in the many, many facets of the man.

A full weekend of Betty's best moments would probably be hard to part together considering distribution ownership of the many different types of shows she did, but man, would it be awesome to watch highlights from her career, in order.