• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Obituary

https://www.easthamptonstar.com/obituaries/2024328/jennifer-leak-dauria

Someone reliable on the AW thread (Mona) has said he saw where the AW villain "Olive Randolph" has died but no date & I cannot find an obit. If anyone can find the missing info, please post. Of course, I know you will. This info is from IMDb. 

Jennifer Leak aka Jennifer Leek 

b. 9-28-1947 in Cardiff, Wales, UK 

AW Olive Randolph 1976-1979

GL Blanche Bovier 1981

RH Nurse Klupper 1975

Y&R Gwen Sherman 1974

A Flame in the Wind Patricia Austen 1964-1966

OLTL Matron Spitz 1986

Loving Dr. Hennessey 1992

Bright Promise Elaine Bancroft (1971)  1969-1972

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=966028288221418&set=pb.100044427678547.-2207520000

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members

Aw. And his cousin is Robert Gossett, a.k.a. Marshall Ashford on GH

He’s such a bold, politically incorrect presence in An Officer and a Gentleman. He’s been in so much that it’s hard to know where to start. 

He beat some heavy hitters that year. He looked so nervous:

• Members

The elegant, gracious, and beautiful actress Barbara Rush, who notably appeared the television adaptations of Peyton Place and Flamingo Road, has died at the age of 97. She was one of the old school classic Hollywood actresses who enjoyed their most notable exposure in the burgeoning medium of television. 

She enjoyed a varied career, appearing in game shows, many guest shots in memorable television series, won a Golden Globe, married and divorced the public relations tycoon Warren Cowan (the Cowan in Rogers & Cowan) and and remained active and well into her 90s.

Please register in order to view this content

Fun bit of trivia: she lived in a beautiful home on Tropical Avenue in Beverly Hills and ended up next door neighbours with Justin Bieber. 

• Members

Definitely. I loved his Floyd Robertson for his irascibilty.

Since we are on a soap site -- at about 23 minutes in here he is as Rocco pretending to be Violet Mckay's long lost son Billy.

• Members

It's always incredible to me how eerily accurate that parody was.   Everything about "The Days of the Week" - the acting, the writing (that doesn't include the jokes), the pacing, the music and production values - was just so dead-on.  Anne Beatts ("SNL") once said that you can't satirize anything you're not a fan of, which makes me think the SCTV crew must've enjoyed watching the soaps.

• Members

Days of the Week was one of the very very very few soap parodies, along with Acorn Antiques, that rings true to me (Victoria Wood was also a soap fan). SNL tried soap parodies for many years, but there were only a handful that ever worked (two of which were guided by Susan Lucci). 

Anyway, I just loved watching Joe. He was a hilarious man. SCTV was a brutal show, especially in the earliest years (one sketch had John Candy beating his wife [Catherine O'Hara] with a can of dog food), but it was easy to overlook because of the warmth of the cast. Few were warmer than Joe. You could take those tough parodies and jabs because you could tell he was a good man. 

There were so many hilarious moments, but my favorite was probably whenever anchorman Floyd had to react to the stupidity and narcissism of his co-anchor, Earl (Eugene Levy). The slow burn and blow-up got me every time. 

Other than In Living Color's first few years, no sketch show made me laugh the way SCTV did, and Joe was a huge part of that.