RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

I remember Welch suing because of being replaced on Cannery Row. That she managed to survive the type of moment that gets you blackballed in Hollywood is a credit to her tenacity.

Here's a 1974 interview with her.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-news/raquel-welch-speaks-her-mind-240951/

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember my mom watching this commercial (which came on during her soaps) and wanting to know where the fountain of youth was.  Gotta love the early 90s vibe

Please register in order to view this content

And I used to love these commercials.   The reason she maintained a career was that she hustled.

RIP

• Members

Any time you'd see Stella in anything, she had such presence. Even later in her career, when she was in dross like a Dukes of Hazzard reunion movie, still looking great (an uncle of mine said she looked better than Catherine Bach). She never really got the praise or career retrospective she deserved, but she's one of those people who made TV of her era stand out. And of course who can forget her in Poseidon Adventure?

• Members

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/richard-belzer-dead-homicide-law-order-1235329813/
Belzer died early Sunday at his home in Bozouls in southwest France, a longtime friend of the actor who does not wish to be identified told The Hollywood Reporter.  “He had lots of health issues, and his last words were, ‘F*ck you, motherf*cker’  ” , his friend said. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

In the Feb. 16 episode of SVU, Fin told the new guy Bruno all about Munch.  There was quite a bit of dialog about how Munch had mentored Fin.  The episode included a ceremony honoring all of Fin's years at SVU, as well as him solving a new case, but Fin took the time to pay tribute to Munch.
And three days later, Belzer passes away?