RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Heartbroken to hear about Lara. I first started watching Dark Shadows when it aired on the Sci-Fi Channel in the early '90s, and Lara transfixed me at first sight. She was a wonderful actress, charismatic, sexy, and had chemistry with just about any scene partner. She carried Dark Shadows through strong and lean times, all the way to the end. Even when not playing Angelique, she had one of the stronger heroines (Catherine). I even have a few of Lara's books in storage somewhere.

We've lost so many people lately, but this one hurts.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

You may not have known her name but if you opened the pages, or even peeked at a cover of Essence magazine or paid attention to style and fashion in the 1990s, you likely would recognize her face. R.I.P. Gail O’Neil.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2023/10/gail-oneill-supermodel-obituary

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'd heard this a few days ago; thanks for posting it. Only 61. I saw in her obituary that she had refused to do ads for cigarettes or for any products from South Africa (during the apartheid years). Good for her. I didn't realize she'd been one of the correspondents in the starting years of the Early Show (or whatever it's called now).

• Members

As has been said, now there's been three, maybe the universe will call a break. 

I loved seeing the "today" picture of Lara Parker!! 

And, I love the picture Vincent Irizarry has up on his IG acct for Suzanne Somers, what a totally wonderful dame she was. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Immediately recognized Joanna Merlin from her character Mrs. Berg from the Fame movie, which I could only see once it aired on HBO years after it originally played in movie theaters (it was way too mature for me to see in its original theatrical run). I also recognize her from her work as a teacher, where she did actually teach acting in NYC schools of the arts. May she RIP. 

It is odd that the Fame television series decided to make Mrs. Berg a little white haired old lady who worked in the administrative office, when in the original movie, the character was a dance teacher.

Edited by DramatistDreamer