Soap Opera Digest Best & Worst of 1997

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I never watched OLTL, but knowing Laiman’s work at Days, AW, and especially her disastrous ATWT tenure there was a reason we called her Lethal Leah back in the day. 

• Members

Again, I think the Labines thought they were so whimsical and hilarious, and their attempts at comedy always fell flat. I say that as having idolized Claire and even sending her fan letters at one point. I felt like the Nora story and Todd and the bird were just so cringeworthy.

• Members

I also love the Labines.  But their OLTL was nearly unwatchable for me.  I loved Mel and Tea, but the rest of what they did was a hot mess.  

Dorian seemed lost in that gothic storyline about her family.  The humor was poorly executed (it was often my least fav part of their GH too).

When JFP arrived she did give the show some much needed energy.  And Viki was driving story again after being sidelined.  But the recasting of Kevin with Gibbs, getting rid of Cassie, and Sam Rappaport were just awful.  Awful.

I also remember it being well known she was hired at OLTL with her eye on GH, which was where she really wanted to be.