Y&R February 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

@Khan Agreed. There has just been too much back and forth between Victor and Nikki. After nearly 40 years now it's become more than stale. The same can also be said about Nick and Sharon. Speaking of Sharon, I'm unsure if the current writing regime possesses the ability to not make her cancer storyline feel like an after-school special, rather than being compelling.

I've also been reading from multiple sources that impeachment is scoring lower ratings then most of the networks would score airing soaps, LOL. this is somewhat positive news for the future of daytime in addition to y&r's renewal. Hopefully some audience wasn't eroded by the pre-emptions.

http://amp.soapcentral.com/soapcentral/news/2020/0128-ratings_2020.php

https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/25/impeachment-gets-worse-ratings-than-soap-operas/

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like Victor/EB in the supporting role and his fatherly stuff with Victoria lately.

Theo looks gross

I'm glad Kyle/Lola are over. Lola is such a joke because she jumped in bed with Kyle when he was married to Summer.

Amanda/Billy I'm onboard, but not as a couple

Edited by StepBack

• Members

Sean Dominic as Nate was added to the opening credits a couple of days ago. He looks very handsome in them.

He was also looking very handsome the other day when he was talking to Amanda. I am glad they were interacting and she opened up to him a little about her past with Ripley. They continue to have nice chemistry/sparkle together. And they matched in these scenes:

It's a shame they haven't been interacting as much, since Billy has been thrown into Amanda's story line. Billy and Amanda don't have chemistry and their interaction/chemistry continues to feel stale. Nate should be the on in this story getting closer to Amanda/helping her deal with Ripley. It really does feel like Billy is thrown into it to give him and Victoria angst. And it's not really working. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I think Theo’s hair and beard are horrible too. He just looks so unkempt and unappealing. (I’ve seen other pics of Tyler Johnson with better grooming, and he’s VERY attractive. Just not here. Of course, JMHO.)

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

The new opening theme shots are not taped in the same lighting as the others. I am happy that the opening is updated and includes Stafford, Mealor, and others, but the difference between the shots is jarring. B&B had a similar problem with their previous 2 openings and mixing higher and lower quality cast shots.

• Members

On Friday February 8, 1980, Victor Newman arrived in Genoa City.

Happy 40th anniversary Eric Braeden

Please register in order to view this content

SOD didn't have Eric's anniversary on their cover this week. Maybe next week's cover story will be the Newman gala/Eric's anniversary. BTW, why aren't Victor and Nikki on the cover as part of the greatest soap couples of all time feature 

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Not much interest in Y&R at the moment...

The lead stories - Sharon's cancer and Billy's crises are depressing and in Billy's case totally self indulgent.

Meanwhile Kyle and Lola, after being pushed as the golden couple have now split.

Really, there's not much else.

Lauren/Michael/Chloe/Kevin/Esther meet up at Crimson Lights.

Nate - a handsome, charismatic doctor with heaps of possibilities chats to  Amanda and Elena at various venues.

Does anyone understand or care about Chance/Adam and Las Vegas?