Y&R February 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Soap Opera Digest didn't put the Newman gala on their cover story this week. I'm not impressed 

Please register in order to view this content

OTOH, CBS Soaps in Depth gave their cover story to the Newman gala 

I can't wait for the Newman gala episodes next week. Here's hoping for lots of 1980s flashbacks.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This Amanda story finally got interesting with her interaction with Ripley. They need to somehow keep playing that edge with her, its what MM does best

This Adam has brought the lurch factor back to the character, I don't like it tbh and the partnership with Chance is lame and a snooze as is Phyllis' involvement 

The Sharon cancer story is alright because SC is a decent actress and her side of the canvas has history to be played off of. Very run of the mill story though

I hope they have Victoria finally get rid of that ugly blue living room for good with this Billy breakup being played how it is

I'd rather watch Kyle with Summer and Lola with Theo  so I'm tolerating their material a lot easier

• Members

Thanks - found those renderings...pretty damn bland. It's not that it was a set I'm totally attached to...but it was BIG and had been around for so long and was wearing its age well. Reconfiguring these sets seems like such a waste of money - especially what they did to the original Newman Ranch and the Chancellor mansion.

• Members

They will. But I think the big sets are a big problem in today’s age of low budgets, hence smaller sets that can stay on the soundstage simultaneously and need less extras to look alive are the solution.

on B&B they dropped a lot of good looking sets in favor of smaller ones as well. e.g. Spencer Publications now only has one office that keeps getting different props to double for Wyatt and Liam...

• Members

That’s right. Mal Young set the wheels in motion (and subsequently tampered with the breaks) on Kyle and Lola- I think largely influenced by Angelica McDaniel. At the point Griffith took over, maybe they were so far along, anything else would have seemed even more jarring than we’ve had recently?

Perhaps it was always the plan, but I (and others before me have) noted the about face turn and blitzing of the relationship occurred after McDaniel left her position.

• Members

Where the hell is Sharon's port for her chemo?  Phyllis spied it when she first had it installed, but today she was wearing a low cut blouse and then a low cut dress at the Anniversary party and NO damned port. Sloppy on the part of the directors.

• Members

I think that about facing has more to do with new stories being played. That always happens around the new year it seems. Besides, Lola is probably pregnant, i.e starting a new story for all four players.  The show will milk this quad for years to come due to fan response. They won't care that their is a severe lack of chemistry amongst the entire group. Nor do they care that none of them look very good together onscreen. Fans are rules up and screaming and that's good enough.