Y&R December 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So I can’t bring myself to watch current Y&R but I did finally watch the Kristoff tribute...and wow. It was just so well done. You can truly see just how well loved he was by everyone in the cast. I laughed, I cried with the cast. Just beautifully done.

Such a shame how the show completely had no use for Neil towards the end though. Which is unforgivable honestly.

• Members

ICAM.  

Just imagine if TPTB put this much effort in, even half the time.  But yeah, I'm still bitter about how they wasted KSJ in those final years.  TIIC could've built a whole entire comeback (from the dead) story with VR that would've rivaled the Angie/Jesse reunion on AMC but I guess holding onto a grudge was more important.  

• Members

Good lord.

It truly seemed like a labor of love. What's interesting is the Kristoff tribute, MTS' 40th anniversary, and PB's 30th anniversary were all so damn good but they have no clue how to write the day to day or really month to month at this point.

And they definitely could've written an amazing back from the dead for Dru and Neil. The Winters would still be a force on the show if they had done that. Hell even if Kristoff still tragically passed, you would still have Dru around at least anchoring the family with Lily gone now.

• Members

Doug Davidson, while clueless speaks for all of us.   

Killing Chelsea  off upon her return from Kansas would be but one thing to improve the show.

Paul would have an investigation, Heather could return to defend Adam, and it could be revealed that Connor did it after catching her banging Nick

"The power of three is broken"

Sorry, it just writes itself, and MCE could get a mystery movie deal from Hallmark.......

BTW, still waiting for Lauren to beat the crap out of her for stealing from Fenmore's profits.......

• Members

How telling is the selection of clips?

Please register in order to view this content

And in such pristine quality. No soap today looks even half as good as these decades-old episodes. What I wouldn't give to have this Y&R back....

• Members

Amen.

While I imagine fans are delighted to see classic clips and scenes, it should show fans and executives alike what they are being forced to accept (and present) as standard today.

I say should in the case of the executives, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of them are only merely irritated by ‘old’ clips. 

Lastly, I can’t stress enough how invested Peter Bergman was in those older scenes.

• Members

I miss when soaps had the foggy cinematic soap look. I'm not sure why they got rid of it, but the HD look kills soaps. 

And Bergman looks so happy watching those older clips. It's like he knows just how much better the show was before.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Everytime I watch these vids all I wanna do is watch the old episodes with the entire cast!

Please register in order to view this content

how delicious would it be to get all that inside dish, and see the actors relive the glory days of the show!