Days: Time Jump Previews

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What is the progression of the spot where Julie's Place is? Wasn't it originally the Cheatin' Heart bar, which was considered a seedier part of town? And then it became a coffee shop (did Sonny own it?) before it became Club TBD and then Doug's Place. I wonder if I'm missing one, or if Cheatin' Heart was a replacement of something else  before. 

The original Doug's Place debut in 1972.  In 1981 Doug  moved it to The Chisholm mansion. It became Blonde's in 1984. When Neil bought it for Liz. In the late 80's Nick Corelli. bought it. And named his new nightclub Wings. After Nick's murder in 1990. Julie ran it. Somewhere around 91 or 92 it was phased out. We would see it years later as Club TBD. With Sonny as the owner. In 2017 Julie bought it from Sonny. As a gift for a retired Doug. During the time jump it became Julie's Place. The Cheatin Heart never occupied that space. If i remember correctly it was in the seedy part of Salem. Fun fact about Doug's Place. In the early 80's it was discovered that a secret underground tunnel ran from Doug's Place to the DiMera Mansion. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I thought it went Cheatin' Heart (Adrienne)--->Common Grounds (Sonny and Chad)--->Club TBD (Sonny and Chad, then Dario Hernandez)--->Doug's Place (Julie and Chloe).  It'd explain a lot to me if Club TBD was a totally different location from Common Grounds, though.  I hated that they got rid of The Cheatin' Heart... I loved that they had a dive bar set.  What didn't make sense was that Adrienne Johnson-Kiriakis was the owner and operator.  Judi Evans played bartender well, but it didn't fit the character.  I also liked the exterior alley where you entered The Cheatin' Heart.  That's obviously not the exterior to Club TBD, but I remember the explanation that Sonny and Chad renovated the coffee shop into the club?

• Members

watching this video Sarah/Xander talk about playing a scene where they didn't know what happened, and they recently just found out what they were reacting to and thought the reaction wasn't big enough...

Please register in order to view this content

I wonder if Sarah's in on the baby switch to "dirty" her character and put her on equal footing with Nicole and Xander? 

also, Jack and Jen and MBE are so cute in this interview, and so is Lani! I love the braids. I hope she has that on the show.  lol 

unlike most on here I love stuff like this/Hope being Gina... because the actors are CLEARLY into it. I would much rather watch actors enjoy what they're doing than zombie-walk through story like Hope has been for freaking years. 

Edited by dio

Days of Our Lives 12/2/2019 Weekly Preview Promo

Please register in order to view this content

• John and Marlena suspect Stefano is the one who reached out to her
  • Justin and Kayla discuss taking a huge step in their relationship
  • Nicole urges Eric to forgive her
  • Evan pulls Sonny into a kiss
  • Eric introduces Mickey to Roman and Marlena
  • Lani is stunned when she comes face-to-face with someone from Salem
  • Gabi and Chad go head-to-head for control over DiMera
  • JJ trails Eli, hoping he’ll lead him to Kristen
  • Marlena tells Eric that Mickey has a fever