Days: Time Jump Previews

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

HAHA!

I wish I were watching back when they had that Rome arc in '97... I read a scanned article online where the set decorator talked about redressing Salem Place to look like "Rome."  Even when they'd go to Europe before the '09 budget crisis they always had "Europe" sets... at the time I thought they were cheesy af; these days, I'd kill for 'em lol.  "Chad and Abby in Paris" worked for me because of the stock establishment shots and that great new set they got.

• Members

Word! Why would Sami, Kate or, even, Gabi ever permit Will to get railroaded for something like this? Did Will plead guilty without a trial? 

After the flashbacks, not even Susan Banks would be dumb enough to fall for this. I was expecting at least some plausible reason - like he blacked out, someone identified his car,  Rolf gave him a memory altering injection, etc. 

Maybe this Will was switched for Sami's real son at birth because he has zero Sami in him. Will is doing a serious disservice to the stereotype of spacey twinks. 

• Members

It would be a classic Ron twist. I hope Judi Evans knows that. I know in the interview that she gave, she said she was sad but deep down she has to know that she probably will be back. 

I hope so. Cause all of that would destroy Maggie. And actually, Freddie Smith did say on his podcast that another twist was coming 

• Members

1. Yes to Judi Evans returning more frequently. 

2. No to Adrienne. They did an excellent tribute to the character last week. DAYS needs to make death matter again. 

Last week was a reminder why JE is such a pleasure to watch. Better to be rid of Hattie (DH is so lazy), give that ‘role’ to Bonnie. They could use almost same scripts. Haha. 

• Members

I agree they're schizo on who they feature but Ron did similarly on OLTL and GH. You'd go a week or two without seeing folks.

I also agree on editing the episodes differently. All of it ultimately feels rushed, even if it was decently produced, considering what the show often looks like.

They also continue cutting the wrong scenes. Jack with Adrienne was cut. Ron posted about it. Real shame someone keeps [!@#$%^&*] with the show. Yet we could get a 3 and 1/2 minute scene on Sarah worrying about Adrienne, who we never saw her interact with before, IIRC.

I'm guessing Summer is the real culprit (NOT A SPOILER TOUPS, IT'S MY GUESS). It frees everyone of blame and Ron didn't bring her back for a hot minute for nothing. It's how he operates. All of these things happened for literally no reason because it's probably Summer's fault.

I'm also going to throw out a guess that Evan killed Jordan. They're tying Ciara/Ben/Will/Sonny/Evan together for a reason ...

Random but you know what I kinda miss? Friendships. It's really refreshing when we get scenes between Will/Abby, Ciara/Will, etc. I get with the budget/guarantees/etc. that folks mostly stick to who they're in story with, with brief overlap, but I miss when the canvas truly interacted.

I randomly thought of when they had Paul/Lani becoming friendly and then he suddenly was confiding in Chloe.

We need more friendships. But soaps don't really take the time anymore. Not saying they don't exist or folks still aren't friends, but there's a lot of little things missing from DAYS that adds up, IMHO. And so it infuriates me when I hear that there's a few folks behind the scenes at DAYS that seem to have issues with certain families. I've heard Alarr is a Suzanne/Maggie stan. And someone thinks John/Marlena have 'too many kids'.

It's not a competition.

Edited by KMan101