Days: Time Jump Previews

• Members

SO many say that and I have to agree. lol.

lol yup

Oh man, that one's a keeper!

So many plotholes this week lol. Ron threw this together and it's nice to see some folks on social media finally starting to acknowledge this. 

And also this week goes to show they have it in them to put on a better show than they do. Just saying. Not that I've loved everything. Some of the acting has been awful. But the show's looked pretty good! lol

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They must have new directors.  Some of the shots have been much tighter, like esp. in hallways... which makes it much realistic that these people are actually in hallways lolol.

But this week was very well produced.  My only gripe was that we needed music for the births, Haley's fall, and esp. the crash (and the lead up).  With the budget restrictions, visually, that's all they could do with the crash... but some suspenseful music and lots and lots of fast cutting back and forth between Will, Sonny/Justin, Adrienne/Sarah, and Xander would made such a bigger impact.  But the call between Sarah & Xander before the crash was perfect--LG & PT couldn't have been better all week.  LG's Sarah can really annoy me, but after this week, I really understand why they've invested so much in Sarah/LG.  And with Haley's fall... it was great, but they played it like any other scene in the episode.  After what they invested for those shots, I would have made that THE scene of the episode lol.  But all in all this was a very well produced week; it took him a while, but Greg Meng seems on-point visually, even if the character rotation is still jarringly uneven (because of guarantees and scheduling).

For the writing... it was sloppy, but really classic soap.  I just don't know how everyone's gonna move forward from this.  Summer still could've caused the accident, right?  Lol.

And one of the changes I think I would have made to the format was instead framing each episode with a "present day" at the top... I would have started each act with that with a specific character recalling whatever, to really give everyone a point of view... but maybe that would've been too much lol.

But next week should not be Gina/Stevano heavy.  This show is schizophrenic with who they feature... they're gonna lose a ton of momentum with the reveal--next week should be mostly baby switch and Wilson.  Thank God Ben wasn't in the promo lolol.

• Members

The sad part is that this is probably them "investing" in this weeks episodes, when in all honestly this is what the show should be aiming to look like all the time. It's sad to remember when "investing" usually meant stuff like Greta's coronation massacre, now it means shooting in an actual hallway / office and hiring a stunt double instead of tossing a blow up doll down the stairs.