Days: November 2019 Discussion Thread🦃

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@AbcNbc247 Yes, I agree - it is very confusing lol. It does actually make me wonder if this is one of the reasons why past HWs have avoided introducing or re-introducing characters from particular branches of the Horton family tree.

But basically in regards to Abigail and Eli it goes like this:

Abigail is Julie's first cousin once removed, since Abigail's mother Jennifer is Julie's first cousin and Abigail is thus a generation removed from Julie. The common ancestors that they share (Tom and Alice) were Abigail's great-grandparents and Julie's grandparents respectively.

Since their mothers are first cousins, David and Abigail are thus second cousins. Their common ancestors, Tom and Alice were great-grandparents to both.

Eli is thus Abigail's second cousin once removed as he is the son of Abigail's second cousin and is one generation removed from Abigail. Tom and Alice were Eli's great-great grandparents and Abigail's great-grandparents.

Eli is third cousins with Abigail's children. Tom and Alice would have been their great-great grandparents.

Fourth cousins is when the common ancestor is the great-great-great grandparents.

I hope that makes sense

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Well, it's that, along with the fact that it'd be difficult, if not impossible, to make them relevant on the current canvas.  It's one thing to bring back Bill, Laura and Mike since Jennifer, Lucas and their offspring are still on the show.  But what the heck are ya gonna do with Tommy and Sandy?  As it is, killing off Nick virtually guaranteed no further appearances from Marie OR Jessica; and as long as Nathan remains off-canvas, so, too, does Melissa.

• Members

They need to go back to, and stick with, him being Forrest Alamain by blood and leave it. Vivian had a DNA test done, and if anyone's gonna f*** with a DNA test, it's gonna be Vivian, and she didn't. So any retcons after that are dumb, IMO.

Though I do think your idea would be cool, my first thought is "oh god, how does that make it weird", but then remembered Kristen was adopted, so...

• Members

Thanks, everyone for untangling the Horton family tree. With all the retcons/paternity switches, etc., DAYS sure could done something to make this better - like Julie - Hope's mom, or Jennifer/Hope as sisters, etc. Even one or two tweaks would've better. Siblings work better than cousins. The biggest issue has to do with generation-skipping and that the 4 or 5 children from Tom/Alice  are long forgotten from the current canvas.

It does make watching the show harder. At least when watching Y&R/B&B and basically the last 4 cancelled, I could pretty much hop in and out and it didn't take long to figure out where most characters belonged. 

• Members

The DAYS family tree is soooo twisted. I remember reading how RC was so confused by it when he started writing it. I kinda get why Ciara calls Julie "grandma" but it always gets me a bit. Bit of trivia...Julie and Hope also have a brother, Steven, who hasn't been seen since the 70s and was played by Cass from AW.

I think one of the challenges the writers had with Claire is that she is related to almost EVERYONE. 

• Members

The most fascinating thing about train wreck time jump is listening to KA and SN deliver every third line in some sort of accent. KA accent comes and goes within a line of dialog. SN goes from Patch American to Scottish to Irish to English. Haven't yet heard italian, but he seems to deliver a whole line in one accent. I wonder which accent the actor will settle on?