DAYS: Vet back on Contract

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bonnie/Susan - interchangeable and not really going anywhere. Even though I knew Eve was bye-bye, I kinda thought WK/KDP had an interesting spark. 

OMG - Adrienne is going to be killed off. This is so final and can't ever be undone! I wish DAYS would just have characters either disappear on canvas (like Adrienne) or send them to Europe or Nashville. In retrospect, B&B did a great job when RM left shortly after Brooke/Ridge got re-re-re-married. The character stayed behind in Paris for several months before the recast, while Brooke continued with life in LA. No death and miracle resurrection. 

• Members

People are already speculating that the "twist" coming in January after the time jump is that there wasn't one at all and that it's all a set up by Dr Rolf (because Melaswen was so successful  I guess). That would mean that any "dead" characters would be held captive somewhere, so welcome back Adrienne and who ever else will croak it.

• Members

Plenty of us do. Or plenty of us have. Whenever we do go back our feelings are justified again. The shows are bad, not simply the BTS shenanigans. If you don't feel that way fine, but you can't argue with the numbers. They're rock bottom because the shows suck, period.

Edited by Vee

• Members

They are bad.  It was one thing when it had been a steady decline for almost two decades.  But just a couple of years ago they were all on a viewership upswing and were getting positive press about it.  And they each squandered that with bad writing hires and terrible stories, bad casting decisions (including killing people they should not have killed off), and just general mismanagement.  Except they did it in two years, instead of 10 years.

It’s a shame, and some of it could have been avoided.

• Members

Seriously? My sarcasm wasn't clear?? LOL. Wasn't it just a couple of years ago that one of the head writers said no more deaths/resurrections? Or was I imagining that/wishful thinking? 

I'll be honest, I think I'm more hate-watching. When I decided to mega-binge last month, it was addictive - like how bad can this get? OC, there's enough likable/talented actors that I've watched over the years that I'm still hopeful it will get it together.

• Members

Which is more than we could say, I guess, for Tom Horton's disembodied head.  No doubt, that spectre continues to haunt the streets of Salem.

Gary Tomlin made that promise when he was EP.  Obviously, it didn't stick. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thanks. It's too bad. And while having several of the characters back on canvas is good, they should've never been killed in first place. There's no audience investment in watching characters "fret" over potentially dying (Kate/Julie) or 'grieve' (the list is too long) after they are pronounced. It's wasted scenes/airtime that could be replaced by a lot of better stuff.

Oh, well, complaining about it isn't going to change it. I suppose the soap that has cheated death more than any other in the history of daytime, might as well reflect it on its canvas.

• Members

i was wondering why it seemed like the show is trying to drum up a Kate vs. Kayla ravelry... 

Please register in order to view this content

the shows are all losing ratings because the medium is dying, lbr. The only show that seems to "gain" (or isn't slipping as harshly) is B&B, but (imo) that's because their story arcs hit the ground running, wrap up quickly, and they still maintain a semblance real life-ness with the characters having them go to work and stuff not just sitting around having the same conversations over and over.