Days:September 2019 discussion topic

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That was truly weird. I could buy her asking to keep an eye on Doug BUT marry him???

After not watching for months, I only recently started catching an episode here and there. There's still a lot I don't like, but the show is becoming more watchable finally. It feels like things are actually happening.

Even with all her over the top acting, I'm enjoying the Julie storyline and how many people it involves. I wish Lucas were on full-time. He's one of those vets that makes me feel like I'm watching DAYS maybe because I started back in the early 90s. The Hortons need a strong male role model in the family, too. Why haven't they brought on Allie? The young set just now consists of brain dead Ciara and serial killer Ben for the most part.

I'm not sure where Kristen's nutty plan is going, but I'll watch to see.

Sarah is MUCH more tolerable and interesting paired with Xander.

I'm curious to see how the time jump works...and IF it works. It could be a great way to "reset" the show and mix things up...IF it works.

• Members

Julie didn't mean what she was saying to Maggie about Doug.  She was trying to trick her into telling her what was going on with Jennifer (and it worked).  I wish their time together had been used for something more heartfelt since they've been close for decades but I don't think Ron is capable of writing anything like that. 

• Members

That also falls under the script writer's job (wonder who wrote the script? We have a few "meh" SW's under Ron, personally) ... Ron needed/needs Sheri's balance because I think she helped add a little more heart into the show during her time with him (I really felt it with John and Marlena, but Ron seems to also like them, I think they just have limited guarantees so he can't use them as much, which is yet another problem with the show ... ).

Edited by KMan101

• Members

That's the perfect analogy! SSH runs circles around most of the cast. I never liked (cared about) Julie back in the day, but as she aged I really appreciate her ability to just nail it. Plus Julie ripping into the "Herndendi" is so refreshing because most people really don't get over it. It's so OTT that it's worth watching. 

• Members

For me as a latino it comes off very offensive...her Herrrrrnandezzzzzz against Gabi every time. She keeps on and on about her lousy nephew or what was he(nick) to her that Gabi killed....so over that too....he deserved it...he was an evil person. I think that's why I loathe Julie so much besides SSH over the top acting.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

When Julie really goes off it really shows the part of Susan Seaforth Hayes' acting range that would have made her a great Stephanie Forrester. When she starts yelling at people it reminds me of how Stephanie would light into people. Or perhaps at times she is channeling Flannery as Stephanie because she regrets turning down that role.

Edited by ReddFoxx

• Members

Obviously, it would have been better for SSH's career if she had taken the B&B role.  But I've never gotten the impression that she regretted not taking it.  She's attached to Days because of its association with her meeting and falling for Bill (Hayes), and she still likes working with him.  He is her everything.  Bill Bell referred to both Susans as his "muse."  I was so spoiled in my young days (and didn't know it) being able to watch both on the same show (along with Denise Alexander), with Bell writing. 

Edited by jam6242

• Members

Now that was a great role for SSH! Lauren was a force and somehow Joanna was able to match that intensity. I wonder if TEB/SSH shared scenes on DAYS

And, yes, I can see why you feel her intonation may be offensive and insensitive. It was good they had Eli raise it with her - but it was so rushed: raising it, acknowledging, attempted apology to heart attack. It would've had more impact if it was been spread out over a few episodes - like Eli mentioning it, then Julie thinks it over, reconvenes with Eli/Lani, etc. It ended up having the opposite effect: Julie trying to apology and Gabi left her to die - aka see Julie's behavior/attitude against Gabi was justified. But the writers needed another reason to prop Ben. 

• Members

Does SONY/DAYS have some type of union room cleaning contract? I ask because Kristen tossed her very basic hotel room for at least the 3rd time on Friday's episode. And as we all concur, the OTT is completely on the writers because WHY would Kristen throw a childish tantrum at Dr. Rolf about no sex for next few months after she got the ultimate news - that she's not only pregnant - thanks to Dr. Rolf's 'fertility treatments' - but also with Brady's baby.  

This was another missed chance where the writers could show Kristen's heart/warmth with 2 ro 3 lines:  'You're right, Dr. Rolf, nothing is more important than this precious life growing inside me. I'm finally going to have my own child and with the man I love. Thank you Dr. Rolf for giving me the miracle I've always wanted."