GENERAL HOSPITAL SEPTEMBER 2019 DISCUSSION

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I haven't been truly invested since around the 50th too. Frank though seemed to have no interest in keeping certain characters around at the time (Brenda, Jax, Laura, etc.).

SO true on the Prospect Park debacle. We've never recovered. It all went downhill in 2014 (and I remain pissed at AJ and Duke both being offed again). Ron's first two years weren't horrible, but I know some hate all of his writing no matter what. At least I was invested and wanted to watch (the Sabrina [!@#$%^&*] was AWFUL though). Now I keep up out of habit and to basically poke fun at most of it. And also to see some vets who are allowed to cameo now and again. I can't really say I care about anything right now.

DEAD

The actors know the show is crap.

• Members

The only good thing that came out of the Prospect Park debacle was that we got Maura West as Ava.

I actually liked Ron Carlivati's writing for the most part, though it is now proven that it wasn't he that was the problem with GH regarding the bloated cast or the focus being on all the wrong characters.  Love or hate Ron Carlivati, the one major element missing since his departure from GH is lack of payoff in the stories.  Does anyone else remember how sleep inducing the Nelle reveal was?  Notice too, how little attention the once great Nurse's Ball musters.  Carlivati knew how to write a payoff!

• Members

Ron knows how to write a good story. His biggest flaw as a writer is that there's often no balance on the shows when he's writing. He doesn't know how to balance out serious dramatic stories with campy/OTT stories or good characters with bad or stupid characters, as we saw in 2015.

• Members

I would be sad if GH got cancelled.  Yeah, it's basically unwatchable now, but it gave me some great memories as a kid/teen.  It gave me my favorite soap opera character of all time: Brenda Barrett.  It gave me Sonny and Brenda-who I was obsessed with in the 90's.  I don't watch regularly, but there is something comforting for me to see Sonny, Carly, Jason et al if I want to at 2pm everyday.  I honestly think GH should do a time jump like Days and just drop 75% of the cast.  The show isn't aggressively bad it just so boring.  I don't know I just hope there is some way to fix it before it's gone forever

• Members

GH was interrupted today for an Orange press conference.  Can anybody tell me how the show ended?  I think I saw about half.  Sam had told Shiloh that his daddy didn't like him,  Peter has Dev & Wiley and Jason is on his way to rescue Sam. 

• Members

Nothing I hate more than when these shows get interrupted, for any reason. 

Regardless, Sam tried to hit Shiloh with a bottle. He stopped her, threw her down and was about to rape her when Jason came out of nowhere and shot him. Sam then went off to pilot the boat,  and then Shiloh came out of nowhere and tried to hit Jason with a bat or something and they started fighting.

Dev reunited Wiley with Brad, Lucas and Willow, and Laura started to question Peter as to why he was on the docks.

There was also some more sparing between Sonny and Jax over Josslyn and Dev.

And Aiden came across ToddFrankenDrew at the hospital and tried to jog his memory.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I really don't want to see GH cancelled but...it needs new characters, a massive cast dismissal and a better writer. But that's asking for "too much" of ABC so never mind. It's sad that soaps have been lackluster for so long now but we can't stop watching them out of sheer nostalgia and audience loyalty. Please, is there anything that can make soaps better at this point? I hope there is!

Edited by ironlion