DAYS: Cast Shakeups?

• Members

Didn't see anyone discussing the latest internet rumor (likely confirmed) that Casey Moss is out (and my guess is so is Thia Megia as Haley)? What a shame we get Matt/Jack back and Casey is out (however, if we get lots of Steve/Jack I'll be OK). But JJ has floundered for years now. I do think it's time for a break. The canvas has felt stale for a while now.

Matt Ashford (Jack), Stephen Nichols (Steve) and Billy Flynn (Chad) are all on contract. Kate Mansi (Abby) and Thaao Penghlis (Tony) are also sticking around too and on recurring status. Probably best where the latter two are concerned.

Kassie DePaiva (Eve) is out and so is Brandon Barash (Stefan) (and of course Lucas Adams and Nadia Bjorlin were out as well, and just now finally leaving on-screen)

Lots of these have been rumored for months but they're starting to be confirmed.

And just for shits and giggles, it's August 2019 and they're likely taping April/May 2020 (I still say lets keep an eye for any Christie Clark L.A. sightings soon, would be right around the birth of a Rafe and Carrie baby, which is not what I want but you just know Ron will go there).

Biggest disappointment for me is Casey Moss out (I think he's done in February 2020) as well as Brandon Barash (Stefan). 

We should be seeing La Strasser as Vivian Alamain soon

EDIT: Did I miss who Brock Kelly is playing? Does it matter?

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Same. I'm still struggling even though I have watched this week.

At least Xander's constantly shirtless. Thank you Uncle Ron. I'll take it. How's Brock Kelly with his shirt off? Is he NuPhilip? Johnny DiMera? He *should* be a recast Joey Johnson. IMO.

This is random, but did they forget about Abe's son Theo? lol. Why haven't they bothered to recast?

I'm also glad the rumor about Ashford being out again isn't true. That would have been the end for me. I can't go through the same actors constantly being fired when they jump through hoops to get them back and undo the "they're really dead this time" plotline

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I had heard the rumors about Casey/JJ and Thia/Hayley. but I haven't anything officially confirmed yet. I wonder if they are leaving how they may exit. I don't care much for Haley. Though, I think she actually fits better with Tripp than with JJ. IMO, it feels like JJ has tried a bit too hard to try and be with her/please her during the course of their relationship. 

I wish Lucas the best. I liked Tripp and his chemistry with Ciara. I thought they did the character wrong when they prematurely ended his relationship with Ciara and had her go fawn over Ben. They could have been a solid young couple. 

I could do without Chad and Abby. I would rather they have kept Brandon's Stefan who has good chemistry with Gabi. I think that Stefan/Gabi are one of the most interesting/entertaining couples on the show right now. And I wonder how Eve may exit.

• Members

We can hope. They HAVE to know. It's Gabi's best pairing and Camila just conveniently did a little poll on her twitter handle asking about Gabi's best pairing (thankfully leaving Chad out of it)

The suckiest part is DAYS tapes 8 months ahead now, they have no time to react to fan feedback until almost a year later

I agree on Kassie/Eve (we can always hope OLTL gets revived and she's back playing Blair ...) but the character is played out right now. And BB/Stefan will most likely as well but who knows? DAYS does stupid things.

No idea on Austin Peck, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tripp/Haley could have really worked if they invested more in Tripp and the writing was better. They rushed into the Haley immigration story that was ultimately resolved in a matter of episodes and proved the entire thing was pointless. What a mess.

JJ/Haley was boring from the word go. They had a tiny bit of chemistry but not really. It was more Casey doing his best efforts but the couple failed. I can see why they decided to rest JJ.

• Members

Sometimes I wonder if it may be best to just take a gamble on a character/pairing. Like if the show sensed that Gabi/Stefan had something interesting going on, maybe they should have just elected for him to stay around. With them taping so far ahead, it's not like they can really take fan feedback into consideration right away anyways, regardless of what they do. 

I wonder what Gabi will do now. Especially since her and Stefan love each other. (Though I don't think they've specifically admitted that yet.) I heard rumors she will be paired with someone else that people don't like. I've heard speculation she may end up with Brady or back with Eli. I've even seen a couple of people speculate she will get with Jack, lol. (Though, I don't see that happening.)

• Members

I'm going to guess Brady/Gabi (remember Gabi: the love of his life in 2009 was her dead sister Arianna ... hmmm, no reason Ron couldn't bring her back from the dead. The love of his life in 2011/2012 was Madison, the love of his life in 2013/2014 was Kristen, then it was Theresa/Nicole ...). Could be decent filler maybe. We'll see. But Lani/Eli are drama free at the moment (Gabi/Eli were polling last on Camila's poll so I doubt anyone would be here for that revisit). JJ should have stayed in Gabi's orbit.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I've seen some people hint/show concern it may be Eli. I actually think they may let Eli/Lani have a real wedding and let them be together for a bit. With all of the couples that were engaged in the past few months, they were one of the few ones not to rush into marriage right away. I think they will plan their wedding and have a nice wedding.

I wonder about Brady and Gabi. I thought they were kind of interesting at first when they both teamed up to take down Stefan. Though, I still like Gabi with Stefan the best. Hopefully he will come back and she will have an interesting storyline in the meantime. I wonder how Stefan ends up exiting. I hope they don't try and say he's dead/presumed dead. 

• Members

I agree Brady/Gabi were interesting as they were plotting against Stefan. They had a nice fun rapport but I'm just not sure about anything long-term. Hopefully it's just a lot of sex because they're both horny and without anyone. LOL. At least it would kind of be realistic. Maybe some feelings develop and then bam, Stefan is back as they're engaged (because you know Brady moves at lightspeed in his relationships)

But people don't really dislike Brady. Most hate Rafe but he's her brother. People like Eli. So IDK who that leaves her with, besides Brady. Maybe Xander? But people love to hate him. So I don't know. Brady/Gabi seems the most likely but DAYS has surprised me before.

• Members

Besides Brady,  maybe Xander is indeed a possibility, though he seems to only want Sarah for now. I do wonder though if they will have Sarah end up having feelings for him. I think that her and Eric won't last long because he still loves Nicole. And I saw elsewhere someone post a spoiler that says Eric will go look for Nicole and Holly. I think that Sarah is wasting her time with him. I think that Sarah had chemistry with Xander, Eric and Rex but my favorite pairing with her is actually Rex. I think he should have stayed around and made more of an attempt to save his marriage.

I do wonder how and why Stefan may exit. That may play into things down the line. And him and Gabi love each other. I can't see him just up and leaving if they admit that to each other. I wonder if Vivian returning may play into his exit.  I hope they don't kill him off, or have people think he's dead. Does anyone know when he leaves? I'm not sure when he does.

Edited by xtr

• Members

NEW PHOTO CHART REVEALS CONFIRMED CAST CHANGES...KASSIE DePAIVA & BRANDON BARASH OUT; BILLY FLYNN & STEPHEN NICHOLS ON CONTRACT; KATE MANSI RECURRING...

A new, much closer look at the current makeup room photo chart posted today shows a look at the changes discussed a few weeks back. The portion that was blocked out by the phone last time now is visible: Matthew Ashford (Jack) is confirmed to still be on contract, while Kassie DePaiva (Eve) and Brandon Barash (Stefan) are no longer with the show. The woman next to Billy Flynn (Chad) is not Kate Mansi, but still Stacy Haiduk (Kristen). Billy Flynn (Chad) and Stephen Nichols (Steve) are the two new contract additions, while the recurring cast pictured is John Aniston (Victor), Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), Bill Hayes (Doug), Wally Kurth (Justin), Kate Mansi (Abigail), Thaao Penghlis (Tony) and one other actor. One thing to note: Although this is the "current" cast chart in the makeup room, there have been exits from this chart since the photo chart was last updated. For those who can't make out all the photos, here's a list of the actors in each row:

ROW 1:
Suzanne Rogers (Maggie)
Kristian Alfonso (Hope)
Lauren Koslow (Kate)
Josh Taylor (Roman)
Jim Reynolds (Abe)
Galen Gering (Rafe)
Eric Martsolf (Brady)
Missy Reeves (Jennifer)
Deidre Hall (Marlena)

ROW 2:
Drake Hogestyn (John)
Casey Moss (JJ)
Mary Beth Evans (Kayla)
Camila Banus (Gabi)
Freddie Smith (Sonny)
Greg Vaughan (Eric)
Lamon Archey (Eli)
Chandler Massey (Will)
Sal Stowers (Lani)

ROW 3:
Victoria Konefal (Ciara)
Rob Wilson (Ben)
Linsey Godfrey (Sarah)
Thia Megia (Haley)
Matt Ashford (Jack)
Ari Zucker (Nicole)
Paul Telfer (Xander)
Stacy Haiduk (Kristen)
Billy Flynn (Chad)

ROW 4:
Stephen Nichols (Steve)
John Aniston (Victor)
Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie)
Bill Hayes (Doug)
Wally Kurth (Justin)
Kate Mansi (Abigail)
Thaao Penghlis (Tony)
Recurring male actor (too blurry to confirm)

Image may contain: one or more people