Actor's who've done double duty on the same soap

• Members

The actress who played Dru's ballet teacher on Y&R was also April Steven's mother in the 80s. I wonder if she returned to her original part as she was still on the show when April returned in the 90s. IMDB says yes but that could be wrong. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes that was Velekka Grey who began as Dr Sharon Reaves, who was treating Patty Abbott. Then she appeared as Ruby a gossipy manicurist.

Don't know the reason behind that but she was quite distinctive in each part and I'm sure many viewers would not have made the connection.

Lilyan Chauvin was another actress who did double duty on Y&R.First as Marianne, Pierre's sister in the mid 70's and then as Lil, Katherine's kidnapper.

• Members

I think John Aniston also had a role on Days in the late 60's before coming back to the show. 

I think Carolyn Conwell played about 3 roles on Y&R in the 70's before becoming Mary in 1980.

Cindy Fisher (Doug Davidson's wife) had several small roles on Y&R. She stole Victor's car, was in the cult with Nikki and Paul, and played a girl in the late 80's that Mary set Paul up with. 

Cindy Eilbacher had a role on Y&R before becoming April Stevens.

Several actors on Dallas, Dynasty, and Knots Landing played bit roles and came back as other characters later on.

Gordon Thomson has been on Y&R twice.

• Members

GL's Jordan Clarke (Billy Lewis) played a character named Dr. Tim Ryan in 1974-76 before playing Billy starting in '82. 

Joie Lenz / Bethany Joy Lenz / Bethany Joy Galeotti / Whatever Her Name Is Nowadays was the teenage Reva Clone for a few weeks in the Spring of 1998 before being brought back as a recast Michelle Bauer in November '98. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just remembered. John McCook played Lance Prentiss on Y&R and also did a cross over appearance as Eric Forrester in 1992 when Sheila calls Forrester Creations about a job.

Don Diamont played his Y&R character Brad Carlton on a B&B cross over, he then returned to that show as Bill Spencer Jr.

• Members

I don't think it's fair to count alter-egos, disguises, and aliases in this category. Krystal Lake was still just Cass Winthrop in a dress. Rex Allingham was a different character but his resemblance to Cass was a key part of the plot. But if you're going to count something like Bunny Eberhart, why not include Anna Holbrook for Sharly and Kate?

Edited by Xanthe
spleing