Billboard Charts

• Administrator

And with that Max Martin, my favourite non-performing writer/producer, received his 23rd #1 song as a writer, and 21st #1 song as a producer.    He's now had a #1 song in the 90's, 2000's, 2010's and 2020's.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Weeknd joins Drake and Justin Bieber in the group of Canadian artists that have had 5 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. Besides these three, the Canadian artists w/ the most #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 are Bryan Adams (4), Celine Dion (4), and Nelly Furtado (3).  

• Members

So funny to look back at Nelly Furtado’s big moment as a big hitmaker with Timbaland. From quirky “I’m Like a Bird” to “Promiscuous” to *crickets.* I was just listening to “Maneater,” a song I hated back in the day, and I was like this song bangs

The Weeknd has had impressive longevity. It’s been rough for black pop and R&B artists recently, and he’s bucked the trend.

• Members

I was looking at Billboard Hot 100 chart history and The Weeknd is the 41st artist to have 5 or more #1s on the chart. Those 41 are broken down to 17 male solo artists, 14 female solo artists, and 10 duos/groups.

Male Solo Artists w/ 5 or More #1s

18: Elvis Presley

13: Michael Jackson

10: Stevie Wonder

9: Elton John, Usher

8: George Michael

7: Phil Collins, Bruno Mars, Drake

5: Lionel Richie, Prince, Diddy, Ludacris, Eminem, Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, The Weeknd

Female Solo Artists w/ 5 or More #1s

19: Mariah Carey

14: Rihanna

12: Madonna

11: Whitney Houston

10: Janet Jackson

9: Katy Perry

6: Diana Ross, Paula Abdul, Beyonce

5: Barbra Streisand, Olivia Newton-John, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Taylor Swift

Duos/Groups w/ 5 or More #1s

20: The Beatles

12: The Supremes

9: The Bee Gees

8: The Rolling Stones

6: Wings, Hall & Oates

5: The Four Seasons, The Eagles, KC and the Sunshine Band, Boyz II Men

Bubbling Under (4 #1s)

Male Solo Artists: Bobby Vinton, John Denver, Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams, Nelly, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Kanye West, T.I., Pharrell, Sean Paul, Post Malone 

Female Solo Artists: Donna Summer, Celine Dion, Cher, Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys, Pink, Adele, Lady Gaga

Duos/Groups: The Jackson 5, The Temptations, Blondie, The Beach Boys, Bon Jovi, Roxette, TLC, Destiny's Child, Maroon 5

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Funny how many big hits KC and the Sunshine Band had. I was looking for Paul McCartney but saw he was credited with Wings. I suppose the only No. 1 hits he had as a solo artist (meaning not with Linda, Wings, or Beatles) were ironically duets (“Ebony and Ivory” and “Say Say Say”).