LATEST RATINGS: July 8-12, 2019

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Morina and Griffith’s “classic” and “iconic” Y&R continues to fail and hit new lows. No surprise given the terrible state of that show.

CBS/Sony can’t be happy about this - it’s a clear trend regardless of the ongoing DirectTV dispute in select markets.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Administrator

I'm sure CBS have data to see where the numbers are falling so much.  They're probably going to give him a chance after CBS resolves their dispute with the TV service providers. 

• Members

DAYS has been unwatchable since December. The writers cycle Nicole, Xander, and Kristen on and off TV every few months, and write awful stories for everyone else. No wonder the viewership is so low. They have a huge cast, a pile of writers, and they aren't capable of putting out anything good?

Edited by dowwwe

• Members

The demos have been bottoming out for like 8-11 weeks (often consecutive weeks) for Y&R

When did this whole dispute go into effect again? I’m sure it’s not helping, but the show is bleeding viewers rapidly and for a stretch of time now.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Interesting that B&B, supposedly the soap with the most youthful characters driving story lost viewers in the 18-34 demo but gained viewers in the 25-54 demo.  Y&R didn't get any gains, only losses.

It will be very interesting to see whether, by the time the DirectTV blackout has end, Y&R recoups any of this week's losses or will those viewers have permanently changed their viewing habits by then?  I mean, Y&R doesn't really have much on offer to lure viewers back and new viewers are no longer an option.

NYC area (a major market) just began their blackout like last week (or the beginning of this week), I think, so I'm not even sure you can count the NYC area as part of these recent ratings' losses yet.

• Members

The Adam Show started the decline long before any blackouts.  On vacation this week and haven’t seen one second since last week which was also minimal.  There isn’t anything on Y&R to see if you don’t like Adam.  I’d say Chelsea but I really really tuned out when I saw her face. I see dead baby switch on B&B continues to garner very high, record setting ratings.   Whenever they travel to do their famously perfect location shoots, Hope the actors love the trip because as long as this shi$ continues it will be their last.  They can easily produce the show for CBS on demand and air overseas and take it off Network 

• Members

Wasn't this current report before the CBS blackout took effect in mid July? B&B's viewership was able to remain steady and they picked up nice gains in the 25-54 demo. Y&R's ratings have been dropping like a rock (every single week) since they brought back Adam in May. They even lost viewers in the first two weeks of MS's return back in June. Why is it not being reported anywhere about the ABC blackout? GH fans were complaining on twitter for this week (July 8th-12th) about not being able to watch the episodes on Directv. They were able to pick up nice gains for that week cause they had a lot going on for a change. 

Edited by Vince79

• Members

From what I recall DirectTv had said the CBS blackout officially began on July 20th. (Though I do believe at least a few people with that provider said they couldn't get CBS prior to that date.)

The ratings right now are sinking lower for Y&R and I wonder how much lower they will go once the weeks reflecting the blackout are posted.

Edited by xtr

• Members

The DTv blackout started Saturday, July 20, a full week after the above ratings period. DTv blackout will first impact July 22-26 ratings. BTW - CBS primetime this week hasn't been affected significantly.  DTv still has black out of 174 stations (various networks, including NBC/ABC) in 97 markets that are owned by Nexstar earlier this month. Another reason why I'm glad I cut the cord 18 months ago. 

I think it’s a stretch to blame Y&R’s ratings lows on the Dtv blackout because as others have pointed out, it didn’t start until after this ratings period. B&B, also on CBS, gained in all of the demos this week so why weren’t they affected? Y&R just plain sucks right now. That’s is why they are hitting new lows.