LATEST RATINGS: July 8-12, 2019

• Members

Exactly what I posted in the Y&R thread a few minutes ago.  Crazy.  There's nothing to care about with Victor - he's Y&R's Stefano.  I don't care about his illness - it's a joke.  Nikki fawning over him - just please go away.  And I posted about watching the show a minute here or there - in another thread and people were like - well to not watch you sure know alot.  Well, it's not hard to know alot when it's the same stuff for week after week.  You only really need to tune in for 5 minutes a week and you get the show.  As the Adam Turns.  Someone posted when I said - Adam is eating the show -  (I hope sarcasm - he really hasn't been on THAT much).  Uh, his face was on every scene for a couple of months or everyone is talking about him. Maybe the show got the clue but it was true.  If you don't like Adam, there's nothin' to see here.  

And I'm sorry - but people keep talking about the great actor who is playing him.  He's passable for me I guess.  Close Talker for sure - he's always ready to bite someone's face off or smell their breath.  I just don't get it.  I keep saying - at least Justin Hartley made me care a little bit about the character.  This writing is horrific and the character needs to go.  There's nothing to like about him.  

When you say - Sharon can't even save him - that's sayin' something.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly. I don't need to watch every second of every episode to know what's going on. It's not that hard, lol!

Justin Hartley made me care. The Adam stuff feels like a retread, which it is. Chelsea on every day running her mouth is not enjoyable either (and Nick fawning over her, as Morrow looks like he's constipated on the regular). God she's annoying. She shouldn't even exist as a character. Should have killed her off on her return to town. Chloe and Hendrickson deserved half of the attention and writing she got. I still get annoyed Chloe's nothing but a nutcase tied to Kevin.

I also was never a fan of the Adam/EJ DiMera type of character. It doesn't work because they have the characters do awful things but then want to make them viable leading men and it never works. But stans eat it up because they're hot for the actors who play these roles.

I think Mark Grossman is talented. Slightly overrated? Possibly. But he's not a bad find by any means. I think we're just tired of Adam, period. But I need to see Grossman do a little more and be given some different material. It's very wash/rinse/repeat as he sneers and like you said, gets up close and a bit creepy.

It very much is "Adam & The Restofus" and I'm just not here for it. It didn't light the canvas on fire. It's not interesting. I don't care about Nick's whining. I don't. Just take both kids and give them to anyone but these two as they continue their pissing contest (I've never really thought it was interesting to see brothers or sisters go toe to toe as rivals)

Griffith's desire to go back to 2013 is maddening. 

Also I have to lol at Jack just randomly talking to folks about how lost he is. What happened to the Lauren thing? Why not try him with Celeste (who I'd take over Lola anyday, can we keep the Mom and dump the other two?). Not that I desire to see Aunt Jack in yet another doomed romance but what else is left? I know ... maybe have him develop a real bond with Kyle. Why isn't Jack being the John to Kyle's Jack? Sigh ... they barely share any scenes.

And once again, Daniel Goddard ruins something I actually ended up liking for Cane. Just dump this man. His antics are tiresome. Why are they allowing him to get away with his stan baiting? And how do they give him so much power where he can basically request the end of Traci/Cane? Poor Beth Maitland. I'm sure she wasn't invited in for a conversation about story ideas like he was ...

So many things wrong with this show. I could go on. Elena and Devon who? Nate who? Nate and Abby? Meh. Summer the whiny teen who is jealous of her mother? No thanks. Annoying Lola? 

Sigh

Sally Sussman's not looking so bad anymore ...

Edited by KMan101

• Errol unpinned this topic