Vetsoapfan's Treasure Trove: Vintage Soap Material

• Members

From Daily TV Serials, June 1974

The Very First Readers' Poll: Viewers' Choice for Best Shows and Actors/Actresses

Please register in order to view this content

From Daily TV Serials. June 1975

Winners of the Year!

From Daily TV Serials, June 1976

Winners of the Year!

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Ladies Who Lunch:

Audrey Peters (Vanessa Sterling, Love of Live), Ann Flood (Nancy Karr, The Edge of Night), Mary Stuart (Jo Vincente, Search for Tomorrow), Charita Bauer (Bert Bauer, The Guiding Light), Lydia Bruce (Maggie Powers, The Doctors) and Eileen Fulton (Lisa, As the World Turns)

Please register in order to view this content

The Somerset cast, 1976

William Gray Espy (Snapper Foster), Julianna McCarthy (Liz Foster) and James Houghton (Greg Foster) from The Young and the Restless, with Susan Flannery (Laura Horton, Days of our Lives) in the picture below.

Beau Kayser (Brock Reynolds, The Young and the Restless)

Erika Slezak and Lee Patterson (Viki and Joe Riley, One Live to Live) from their gorgeous wedding filmed in on location Central Park.

From Daily TV Serials, July 1977

• Members

My pleasure...now that I have figured out how to do this.

It's a shame the print is so small. I hope folks don't get eye strain from reading the articles.

I have tons more stuff, BTW, but my ancient scanner is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. It took me a couple of hours just to post what you can already see in this thread.

• Members

This is amazing, thank you!

I have found a work around for the small text, at least in the Chrome browser. I right-click the image and hit "open in new tab."  Then I go to the tab and click the image and it is very big.  You can adjust even more by hitting CTRL+ to make it bigger or CTRL- to make it smaller.  The quality is VERY good.

• Members

Amazing stuff! I can't read to read the commentary in full. Maybe my eyes directly go to the sharp stuff, since I was landing on comments like "Georganne LaPierre (Heather) has to be one of the most untrained actresses to appear this year."

And hel-lo there, Beau Kayser!

• Members

This works extremely well, and it only takes a few seconds to enlarge the text to a very readable size. Thank you so much for offering us this solution. I downloaded the articles in full size, but the text appeared significantly smaller once it was uploaded to SON. I was wondering if potential readers would just give up in frustration, which would be a shame because I wanted to share some long-lost goodies with the community.

While I cannot promise anything (I can only share what I find), what kind of stuff do y'all want to see?

• Members

The last time I moved, I threw out a huge amount of classic magazines, which was the BIGGEST and DUMBEST mistake of my life. I'd kill to get them all back now. I'm lucky that I have any left at all.

I've found some Afternoon TVs from the 1970s and plan to upload content from them. I loved that mag's book-length life stories of both characters and actors. I know I have the ones of Bert Bauer, Julie Olsen, and Viki Lord. Woohoo!

I don't think he was as bad or as bland as some of the other actors cast in the role, but I agree that AA was not right for Mike.