Interview and Documenatries BTS Of Soaps

• Members

I thought that this will be an interest forum post. I found this interview from an episode of 20/20 from 1980, where they go behind the scenes of multiple soaps and talk about their general history etc... 

Anyone else have any good interviews/documentaries to post in this forum? 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Television Academy interviews with various writers and actors from soaps are essential.

William J. Bell

Kay Alden

Agnes Nixon

See more

A behind-the-scenes look at directing an episode of ATWT with the much-reviled Chris Goutman:

A long interview with psychologist Albert Bandura about the power of soap opera and serialized programming to effect social change:

CBS’s great “50 Years of Soaps” primetime special from 1994:

A long 1979 AM New York BTS look at Ryan’s Hope:

A 1972 Boston radio interview hosted by Doris Kearns Goodwin about Another World with Harding Lemay, George Reinholdt, Paul Rauch, and Susan Sullivan:

• Members

A loooong time ago on the internet, I saw an episode of the Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder, and he was interviewing various folks from the soaps. Joseph Stuart and Mary Stuart, I believe, were among his guests. I'd love to see that again. If anyone knows where it is, please let us know.

Forever8 and Faulkner, thanks for the links. I plan to watch the ones I have not yet seen.

• Members

Wow, I remember when this one aired on Ovation in the early 2000s. Never thought I'd see it again.

A&E's Biography did these great episodes on various TV series in around 2001-2002 and did one on AMC. It was a combination retrospective and BTS look at the production of a single episode, plus a look at soap fandom, etc. I've never seen it turn up online ever, but I have it on VHS. If anyone can tell me how to get it from VHS to YouTube, I can definitely get it done this summer.

Edited by All My Shadows